Talk

Advanced search

Why do people have to make such comments?!?

(1 Post)
Sammie101 Thu 27-Feb-14 09:50:07

Ugh. I have gained 3 and a half stone since finding out I was pregnant. I lost 4 stone in the year before I fell pregnant and was in a good place. Naturally now I don't have the best self esteem and I'm not feeling too good about myself.

I was in work the other day just to say hi (my mum was dragging me round looking at underwear, I have spent my maternity leave avoiding the place!) and was talking to one of my colleagues.

She suddenly comes out with "Sammie man what happened to your diet? I thought you would have got back on it after the baby was born!" sad

Whhhhy?! Why would you say that? I was trying to convince myself that people wouldn't notice all the weight I'd gained (hence why I was avoiding going in) but now I know that everyone will be thinking it (but not many people would be tactless enough to say it) and I just feel even worse sad

I had a baby six months ago. I'm still breastfeeding. Breastfeeding gives me an appetite like I've never had before. This is no excuse for letting myself go but I think I have a fairly understandable reason for gaining weight!

I know she would never have meant it to upset or offend me (she is very upfront and says what she's thinking but is in no way bitchy) but just whhhhy?! I want to eat my way through a massive bar of galaxy just thinking about it :-/

Sorry, just wanted to vent!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now