Talk

Advanced search

i hate hate my thighs. the fronts of them particularly. anyone else have this problem?

(6 Posts)
piratecat Mon 24-Feb-14 18:37:35

I lost two stone in 2012, MFP. it's all gone from everywhere, and now my thighs look bigger than ever to me.

I am a size ten on top, size 14 on my bottom half. Well I'd be a twelve if my legs weren't like tree trunks.

What exercise will help here.?

Biltongmuncher Mon 24-Feb-14 18:48:44

Cardio to reduce the size, running, walking or aerobics. Then light resistance training. Buy yourself some 2kg hand weights and do some squats and lunges every other day. You need to use the light weights to get the definition in your legs. Have a look online, lots of squat and lunge exercises you can do.

piratecat Mon 24-Feb-14 19:02:48

hi thanks.

I fear lunges and squats only because i have a dodgy weak twisted pelvis, as I had SPD in pregnancy.

Can thee be done with little harmful impact?

Biltongmuncher Mon 24-Feb-14 19:48:19

Absolutely, you don't have to do a really deep squat, but with the light weight it will challenge you and will sculpt your legs really well. If you look on Pinterest there are lots of things there to try and some specific for weak knees

Biltongmuncher Mon 24-Feb-14 19:49:27

Sorry, meant to say for a weak pelvis not knees! Also try Pilates for your pelvis if that is something else you want to work on; works a treat.

piratecat Mon 24-Feb-14 20:30:30

thankyou, that's helpful.

i was born with these horrid shaped thighs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now