Talk

Advanced search

Doing 5:2: no weight loss, now doing 4:3 Still nothing

(16 Posts)
feelinlucky Mon 24-Feb-14 12:45:40

I've been doing 5:2 since first week in January, I put on 2kg, switched to 4:3 for 2 weeks now and put on .9kg! Whaaaaa!!!! I'm so upset and de motivated. I've just reintroduced daily exercise. I walked to work today which is a 6 mile round trip and doing couch to 5k. I cycle too and I'm going to start weights tonight. I need to shift at least a stone but probably more realistically nearer a stone and a half. I'm going on holiday in 5 weeks. I feel really bloated and just want to lose weight. I am trying sad what on earth M I doing wrong?

are you going mad and binging on your non fast days?

feelinlucky Mon 24-Feb-14 14:50:48

No Betty, not binging but not been overly watching what I eat. I've eaten out on a couple of occasions and had wine but not gone crazy at all. I've booked in to get my thyroid function checked again. It's very disheartening.

Cigarettesandsmirnoff Mon 24-Feb-14 14:54:30

Hello!

It was abit of a slow start for me until I cut bread and pasta out. That seemed to do the trick.

Make a diary of what your eating on the non fast days and see if your going overboard.

My weakness was pasties and cinnamon rolls sad they had to go!

stoopstofolly Mon 24-Feb-14 15:00:21

It failed for me the first time. Turns out I was MASSIVELY overestimating what "normal" eating was like on a non fast day... Go online and find a calculator for TDEE (total daily energy expenditure.) As a sedentary woman in her 40s it turns out I should only have been eating 1700/1800 cal per day to maintain weight.... I joined MyFitness Pal and now log what I eat on mon fast days to re-educate myself. Have lost 1 stone since NY!

frenchfancy Mon 24-Feb-14 15:11:53

I second what the others say about your Non-fast days. There is something wrong if you are feeling bloated and doing 4:3. Either you are massively overeating, or there is something more fundamentally wrong with your digestive system. Do you have any other symptoms other than feeling bloated?

feelinlucky Mon 24-Feb-14 18:24:29

Just generally bloating. I'm due on too. I don't think I'm massively overheating. Yesterday I had two toast and marmalade for breakfast, 2 coffees, a speedy noodle pot for lunch then a bowl if macaroni for dinner. 1 glass of wine. No chocolate, crisps, cake. Saturday I had a panini when out for lunch, toast for breakfast and vegetarian spag Bol for tea but did drink nearly a whole bottle of wine.

1919 Mon 24-Feb-14 18:30:31

It looks like you're eating too many carbohydrates, too little protein and not enough vegetables.

TalkinPeace Mon 24-Feb-14 18:59:12

2 toast and marmalade = 500 calories
coffee with milk ? sugar = 50 calories
noodle pot lunch = 300 calories
bowl of macaroni = 400 calories
with sauce / butter / cheese = 300 calories
glass of wine = 150 calories

that will be around your TDEE then

but where are your drinks?
if you only had two coffees in the morning you'll be clinically dehydrated
where are the fruit and vegetables to help your body digest the carbs

feelinlucky Mon 24-Feb-14 19:26:05

I drink over two litres of water every day. I only have a couple if examples, I eat tonnes of veg, for example cauliflower rice and soya chunk and veg stir fry. I probably don't eat enough fruit but I'm generally very healthy with my food choices. I am hypo thyroid and sometimes my levels need adjusting. I suspect I'm going through peri menopause too. I'm having seriously hot sweats at night. I haven't been exercising but I'm making up for it now. I think I have a wheat intolerance that bloats me. I'm going to try a juice week to see if that gives me a kick start. I'm eating speedy noodles, they're only 120 calories smile not pot noodle.

feelinlucky Mon 24-Feb-14 19:30:02

No sugar in coffee and use almond milk.

TalkinPeace Mon 24-Feb-14 19:32:03

I do not know the calories in almond milk, but suspect that portion sizes may be an issue
and try to drop the carbs right back at least a few days a week if feeling bloated

come ask on the main 5:2 thread as there are lots of people on there who might have ideas

PrimalLass Mon 24-Feb-14 19:37:34

That is loads of wheat.

I lost 4lb last week with 4:3, ate some wheaty stuff yesterday and put it all back on overnight. My stomach is sticking out like I am 6 months pg.

feelinlucky Mon 24-Feb-14 19:40:11

Wow primal! I'm like that. I feel amazing when I cut wheat and pasta out of my diet. Most bread these days is like cardboard anyway so it won't be too hard a task to cut it out. Almond milk has next to no calories which is why I've started using it. I think my portion sizes are too big too.

PrimalLass Mon 24-Feb-14 20:01:07

I am so annoyed with myself as I know I should stay gf.

PrimalLass Mon 24-Feb-14 20:02:16

By the way, I am hypothyroid too. We shouldn't eat wheat anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now