Talk

Advanced search

Weight has just shot up, eating issues...

(4 Posts)
TheKettle Mon 24-Feb-14 10:43:30

I'm already obese and I've just got weighed and I've gained 5lbs in 3 weeks! It's not a false reading, I weighed on Saturday and it said the same.
How can someone who's already obese gain so much in such a short time? Up to now I've been slowly gaining weight for years, but it's been SLOW. I've probably gained 3lbs a year for the last 20 years.

Any advice how to get it off quickly? Or any advice as to why it's piled on like this ? I don't even feel as if I've been eating much more than usual.

AmIatwat Mon 24-Feb-14 12:52:34

My own weight can fluctuate by that amount in a week.
Don't attempt to lose it too quickly, you'll end up putting even more back on. I would suggest getting more exercise, walking whenever you can, perhaps swimming.
Have you tried WW, they are very good.

addictedtosugar Mon 24-Feb-14 20:42:56

I put on about a kg (so 2 lb) a few days before my period starts. Could this explain the weight? Maybe give it another week and see what happens?

Keep drinking water.

FrazzleRock Mon 24-Feb-14 20:46:43

I've just put on 6 lbs in one week according to my 'precision digital scales' sad I nearly fell over when I read the numbers. Not even eaten that badly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now