Talk

Advanced search

What finally inspired you?

(6 Posts)
GirlFromTheNorthCountry Wed 19-Feb-14 22:02:54

Need some inspiration at the moment. Would love to lose a couple of stone, but am stuck in a cycle of few pounds off/few pounds on. I know deep down it's because I'm not really focused at the moment, so I was just wondering if there was a particular moment/picture/event which started your weight loss off? Hopefully it'll give me some much needed motivation.

pootlebug Wed 19-Feb-14 22:06:08

I lost a significant amount of weight several years ago. I think the key for me was stopping blaming other people:
- I'm depressed and my counsellor was useless
- X bought biscuits
- Y suggested the pub
etc.

It was ME that ate/drank what was necessary to make me fat, and the only person who could change it was me. I had to stop blaming everyone else and take responsibility. But erm....I can't remember what prompted me to do that confused

GirlFromTheNorthCountry Wed 19-Feb-14 23:18:06

Thanks, pootle. I can see what you are saying. I completely relate to the idea of having a 'treat' because everyone else is, or because someone else convinced me to. I definitely need to retrain my thinking. Good on you for your weight loss, if you don't mind me asking, do you think it has had a big impact on your happiness/self esteem?

MrsPMT Sat 22-Feb-14 09:20:09

I think for me i decided that I didn't want to be stuck being overweight for the rest of my life and needed to do something about it now, not next week, next month.

I was overweight, but not very, and now slim to medium, I feel so much better, more energy, feel good when I look in a mirror, when trying on clothes in shops, at exercise classes, looking at photos. I am no longer 'chubby'.

Sirzy Sat 22-Feb-14 09:23:46

I booked a holiday last may for this may. I looked in the mirror and realised that I needed to change and that I didn't want to go away fat.

I didn't diet, I changed my lifestyle. I stopped making excuses and started eating a proper balanced diet (helped by MFP) and making sure I exercised - initially I could only do 10 minutes a day but I made sure I did it at least 5 times a week. Now I do half an hour at least 5 times a week plus running and bootcamp sessions. I keep changing the exercise as I get fitter to keep myself going.

I have lost 4 stone and dropped from a size 20 to a size 12.

HoneyandRum Sat 22-Feb-14 11:43:22

Wow Sirzy that's fantastic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now