Talk

Advanced search

What finally inspired you?

(6 Posts)
GirlFromTheNorthCountry Wed 19-Feb-14 22:02:54

Need some inspiration at the moment. Would love to lose a couple of stone, but am stuck in a cycle of few pounds off/few pounds on. I know deep down it's because I'm not really focused at the moment, so I was just wondering if there was a particular moment/picture/event which started your weight loss off? Hopefully it'll give me some much needed motivation.

pootlebug Wed 19-Feb-14 22:06:08

I lost a significant amount of weight several years ago. I think the key for me was stopping blaming other people:
- I'm depressed and my counsellor was useless
- X bought biscuits
- Y suggested the pub
etc.

It was ME that ate/drank what was necessary to make me fat, and the only person who could change it was me. I had to stop blaming everyone else and take responsibility. But erm....I can't remember what prompted me to do that confused

GirlFromTheNorthCountry Wed 19-Feb-14 23:18:06

Thanks, pootle. I can see what you are saying. I completely relate to the idea of having a 'treat' because everyone else is, or because someone else convinced me to. I definitely need to retrain my thinking. Good on you for your weight loss, if you don't mind me asking, do you think it has had a big impact on your happiness/self esteem?

MrsPMT Sat 22-Feb-14 09:20:09

I think for me i decided that I didn't want to be stuck being overweight for the rest of my life and needed to do something about it now, not next week, next month.

I was overweight, but not very, and now slim to medium, I feel so much better, more energy, feel good when I look in a mirror, when trying on clothes in shops, at exercise classes, looking at photos. I am no longer 'chubby'.

Sirzy Sat 22-Feb-14 09:23:46

I booked a holiday last may for this may. I looked in the mirror and realised that I needed to change and that I didn't want to go away fat.

I didn't diet, I changed my lifestyle. I stopped making excuses and started eating a proper balanced diet (helped by MFP) and making sure I exercised - initially I could only do 10 minutes a day but I made sure I did it at least 5 times a week. Now I do half an hour at least 5 times a week plus running and bootcamp sessions. I keep changing the exercise as I get fitter to keep myself going.

I have lost 4 stone and dropped from a size 20 to a size 12.

HoneyandRum Sat 22-Feb-14 11:43:22

Wow Sirzy that's fantastic!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: