Talk

Advanced search

am just going to get fatter and fatter :-(

(3 Posts)
thatsnotmynamethatsnotmyname Wed 19-Feb-14 20:36:39

Feel like I can't pull myself together.

DS is 19mo and I gave up bfing last week, after cutting back slowly over past few months. Since giving birth, I haven't been able to shift the 10kg I put on while pregnant. Bfing kept the weight off, if I hadn't been bfing I'd be twice the size I am now.

I've noticed that suddenly, I'm so so fat. It's just crept up the last week or so. I know its linked to giving up bfing, but it's come as a shock. Am all huge flabby stomach and huge love handles and fat arms now and none of my clothes fit me.

Not sure how to get a grip on it all. I feel too tired and busy and generally too mumsy and bedraggled to commit to a diet.

In addition, am going through IVF, had egg transfer on Monday, and am on progesterone which is making me really really bloated.

Of course I want to be pregnant and for this cycle to work but at the same time I just think that am going to get pregnant 10 kg heavier than I want to be and am just going to get fatter and fatter and there is nothing I can do about it.

Just having a moan I guess :-(

MostlyCake Wed 19-Feb-14 20:47:35

I hear you. I'm (bar the IVF) in pretty much the same boat as you. My DS is almost 7 months and I'm going back to work soon so will have to squeeze myself back in to work clothes after almost 9 months of living in baggy shirts and cheap stretchy jeans.

I've bought myself running gear but have no motivation to actually run...

not sure how this is helping but you're not alone!

LoveChocolate1971 Thu 20-Feb-14 17:58:58

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now