Talk

Advanced search

I've lost 7lbs in 5 days!

(4 Posts)
Marn1e Fri 07-Feb-14 11:18:27

I'll start by saying that I'm not actually overweight so was even more surprised at the result! I'm 5 ft 4 and 9 st 12 ish. I'd over indulged at Christmas and was feeling really sluggish so was considering some sort of detox.

I had a google and downloaded Zoe Harcombes book and decided to try ' phase 1 ' which lasts for 5 days. Basically you eat any salad, any veg ( bar potatoes and mushrooms ), all meat and fish, seeds, live yogurt,brown rice , tofu in unlimited quantities.

I found it pretty bloody boring but always felt full and was amazed to step on the scales today ( actually , have only completed four full days! ) and I'm 9 stone 5 again.

It's made me feel better too - all bloated feelings had gone within 24 hours.

Anyway just wanted to share in case anyone else fancied giving it a go. I will say that I'm not an employee or anything - just a regular name changey mumsnetter! I always like to share stuff that's works though!

Marn1e Fri 07-Feb-14 11:20:00

Oh and I make the point about not being over wright because if someone with a normal BMI can drop half a stone in what is effectively four days then it's bound to be more with weight to lose!

I also cheated a bit and had goats cheese and coke zero

ElbowPrincess Fri 07-Feb-14 17:21:35

Well done smile I think there are some who follow this over on the Low carb section!

ihatethecold Fri 07-Feb-14 17:32:06

Ooohhh. I've got that book and the recipe book.
Well done.

I may read it again more seriously this time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now