Talk

Advanced search

Do you exercise when you're on your period?

(7 Posts)
RunRabbit Wed 05-Feb-14 20:33:10

After a bad week I was going to get back to my exercising today. But my flow is very, VERY heavy and I'm having terrible, dull pain.

All I want to do is curl in bed with a hot water bottle and a chocolate bar. sad

twobambinos Wed 05-Feb-14 20:55:55

Ya I do but if I have a race coming up e take two packs of the pill back to back to avoid it

Hope u feel better soon

massistar Thu 06-Feb-14 10:36:20

I do, I find that the adrenaline helps with period symptoms. But my performance is definitely under par when I'm on so I try to take it a bit easier.

Yes, pack myself out accordingly, take a couple of tablets if needed and away I go!

MrsAMerrick Fri 07-Feb-14 18:09:33

I dont exercise on the first two or three days, but my flow on those days is extremely heavy - I use tampons and pads together and have to change them every 15 -30 minutes. I use extra heavy duty towels, plus wear incontinence knickers or I leak through my clothes. Not a great look when wearing lycra!

By days 4- 8 the flow is much less, so I do exercise on those days. I didn't used to bleed so heavily and used to always exercise through my period.

Fatasfcuk Sun 09-Feb-14 21:25:17

On period days I prefer to talk a nice long walk instead of exercising. It helps a lot with my cramps. smile

RunRabbit Mon 10-Feb-14 00:39:03

I'll try walking more. Def. can't handle anything more strenuous than that.

MrsAMerrick I get quite bad on heavy days too but they seem to be selling less of the heavy duty pads. I only manage to find those little flimsy ones they sell these days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now