Talk

Advanced search

How does everyone find the time to use MFP?

(6 Posts)
Toowittoowoo Tue 28-Jan-14 08:49:16

I have managed it for 2 days and it is so complicated and time consuming - am I missing something? I need to add every ingredient for everything I eat and then chose from a list of approximate calorific amounts? But I don't know how much onion was in my tea????

(Also according to MFP onions are surprisingly high I calories...? !?)

how do you all do it?

StealthPolarBear Tue 28-Jan-14 08:53:23

Once youve done it for a few days all your stuff is in - you can create meals
if youre doing a particular recipe search for that recipe eg Jamie olivers lentil soup is already in
guess at how much onion! I cant do grams but put down eg 0.1 of a whole onion. I use "generic mixed salad" a lot. Onions should not be calorific - see the calories on others! If you arent 100% accurate you are still logging and that is the main thing imo.

StealthPolarBear Tue 28-Jan-14 08:54:20

Oh and you can make meals.
I tend have the same thing over and over again so it's in my favourites

It's brilliant and doesnt take time at all....I presume you are using the bar code thing to scan all your food - MFP has the nutritional value of almost everything.

katykuns Sat 08-Feb-14 23:36:32

I haven't found it all that time consuming... I often meal plan on it at the beginning of the day to help guide me.
I LOVE the barcode scanner because it really cuts the time down.

Groovee Sun 09-Feb-14 10:51:44

I have created recipes etc and your regular ones come back up too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now