Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

whats going wrong???

(7 Posts)
bacon Tue 09-Jul-13 09:57:59

I started The Shred DVD 1.5 yrs ago and it was really hard for me and there were months of no exercise regimes. I have gone back to to fitness dvds include, The Firm, Davina etc but I do struggle to get through them. Usually 2 - 3 times a week depending and does leave me knackered. I have a sensible diet, no alcohol, good food and careful. But my weight lose is hardly anything and to look at me you'd think I stuff my face all day. I have 2 stone to lose but I'm more concentrating on dress size - for my height and build I should be no more than size 12 but 10 ideal. (I'm 5'2" size 16ish 11 stone 3) with a huge pot belly & fat arms.

I've tried 1200 calories as per MFP but meant strict eating really hardly eating at all. But was surprised that not a lot happened.

I did 5:2 but felt awful and too lightheaded. Couldn't concentrate on work so decided it wasn't for me plus had terrible IBS from it.

I am seriously losing the will, seeing others losing stone and stone by just eating 3 meals a day.

Whats going wrong? I know I should be going to a gym and weight lifting but I have little confidence and want to lose more weight before I even feel confident to go in there.

Do I have to accept that eating very very little is the only way?

HeySoulSister Tue 09-Jul-13 10:10:49

What were you eating? And do you suffer from IBS as a proper diagnosis?

bacon Tue 09-Jul-13 10:23:01

breakfast: High fibre cereal
lunch: wholemeal sarnie with meat & salads, yougurt, fruit
biscuit or 1 mini chocolate
tea: spag bol/salmon, veg & spuds sort of thing

Odd occasion piece of cake.

No my IBS is under control have had it for over 20 yrs but it just flares on the odd occasion. I have mild CFS but managed to overcome the worst.

HeySoulSister Tue 09-Jul-13 10:26:57

As a low carber is say that's high in carbs! Quite a bit of sugar too.

Could you try low carbing? I've lost over 4 1/2 stone now, I find it very easy. I'm also a runner now. It's amazing how quickly your body can change.

MelanieCheeks Tue 09-Jul-13 10:28:52

That seems like a lot of carbs. 1200 calories is plenty but you do have to be smart about what you eat for that. But you could probably work with 1400-1500 calories and see how that goes.

It's easy enough to start with some strength work at home - try 2 sets of 20 each push ups and squats. Can you walk, jog, swim or cycle?

bacon Tue 09-Jul-13 10:49:53

I take note on the carbs but on MFP these seemed to come in within my quota. One of the reasons for the breakfast high fibre & linseed is to avoid any constipation.

I was swimming twice a week but lost interest as I thought it would shift loads. Unfortunately with living on a hill farm cycling is out and my running is dreadful I have no stamina and again its hill running.

'The Firm' & 'Davina Intence' are HIIT based so I should be reeling from the results.

MelanieCheeks Tue 09-Jul-13 10:58:10

The MFP quotas are only a serving suggestion- thay can be changed.

Stick with the breakfasts if that suits you - maybe have a soup or salad with no bread for lunch, and cut down your potato portion size at dinner.

You're making lots of excuses about the exercise! Hill running is EXACTLY what runners do to build up their strength and stamina. Start small, you'll be amazed how quickly you improve. Throw in a weekly swim for variety, and look up some home strength exercises.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now