Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

7lbs in 7days - juice diet

(10 Posts)
Ponyboycurtis Sat 29-Jun-13 09:24:03

Just ordered this book by Jason Vale. Anyone got any advice/tips. Have you tried it? Did it work? Wedding in a few months, have lost weight steadily since christmas through healthy eating & the gym but just had hen weekend followed by a week of eating nonsense and wanted a kick start to get me motivated. Totally happy for this to be a short term quick fix, if it gets me back on track. All comments welcome X

Ponyboycurtis Wed 10-Jul-13 23:04:53

Clearly no-ones interested but started saturday & lost 5lbs so far!

CrystalTits Wed 10-Jul-13 23:08:20

Blimey, 5lbs - that's great! Well done. I tried it a while ago but only lasted 2 days and realised I hate the taste of vegetable juice! In awe of you...

travellingwilbury Thu 11-Jul-13 11:08:48

Did you keep this up ? After watching the programme last night I am thinking of giving it a go .

Does it not all taste s bit grim ? Or do the results warrant it anyway ?

colafrosties Thu 11-Jul-13 20:32:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mapal Fri 12-Jul-13 06:29:24

I've done it a few times and love it just for how good it makes you feel (real energy boost). It's also an interesting experience when you realise that you don't feel starving all day as the juices do feed you.
I've always found the last couple of days the toughest, kind of feel like all the work hs been done by day 5. You do .put some of the weight straight back on when you start eating normally again (obviously, just the weight of the actual food does this),.but I felt so much slimmer, less bloated, etc.
I try to do it about 3 or 4 times a year. Hope you enjoyed it!

SixPackWellies Fri 12-Jul-13 07:48:12

I am sort of doing a juice fast right now... on Day 3. I am having green juices for breakfast, red juices for lunch and will add today an afternoon snack of spicy fresh tomato juice. But I eat a normal (veg-laden) meal in the evening.

Will be interested to see how it goes.... am planning to do it for 7 days and if I can keep going for longer than that.

Ponyboycurtis Fri 12-Jul-13 23:26:04

Oh hello everyone!! Weighed today (7th day) & i've lost 7lb, so he's not wrong! Agree with you Mapal, 5th day I was really bored but luckily could see results so stuck with it. Definitely feel less bloated but was quite lacking in energy although that could be down to this beautiful weather. Thinking of keeping it up for a few more weeks but introduce an evening meal, high in protein, salmon/chicken with avocado salad. I've made my juices the night before & frozen them, it was the only way I could do it and manage to take some to work.

My advice is 'have a go'

But important to have a juicer NOT a smoothie/blender thingy. Some of the ingredients would destroy a blender, hope that helps.

TooHotForWellies Sat 13-Jul-13 09:31:12

Hi Pony did you find your skin broke out in spots at all? I have had really deep spots which I never get, so was wondering if it is 'detoxing'.

How did you cope with hunger?

Ponyboycurtis Sat 13-Jul-13 21:59:01

Hello toohotforwellies - nope, no spots but I have quite dry skin so never really suffered with spots. Hunger wise, i try & make sure i top up with water & have a juice on standby. Days 6 & 7 i did eat some strawberrie & a tangerine, purely because I was stuck somewhere without a juice & I was starving. It says in the book that if you must eat to munch on fruit/veg, hopefully it didnt make too much of a difference, hope that helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now