Talk

Advanced search

Parisian diet

(2 Posts)
Anthracite Mon 27-May-13 19:16:14

I am on week 4 of this diet.

The gist of it is how you eat as much as what. You are meant to sit down and take time to enjoy your food. It's all common sense, really.

So far, I have lost about 6kg. The diet starts with three weeks of low carb, and then re-introduces slowly. I cannot say that I have missed carbs (after sbout day 3 or 4) so have not bothered now that I am allowed.

What I really like about this diet is that it has introduced me to completely new foods, so out of the rut of four or five main dishes. They are all suitable for the whole family (as larger portions or adding carbs), and the recipes are quick and easy.

I have really enjoyed and valued reading mumsnet threads, especially the low carb ones. I am really motivated by reading the experiences of others.

Now, what crazy dieter goes to Italy on holiday? I am already plotting my strategy. DH is making of me for almost making restaurant reservations, and teasing me about putting in orders 6 weeks up front.

Karenblixen Mon 27-May-13 22:27:11

Hello, well done for losing 6kg in 4 weeks! I have not looked at diets for a while, took a look at the 5:2 diet and decided that was not for me, but the Parisian Diet is exactly what I am looking for. I just googled it after I saw your post and will start on it ASAP.

You should not have any problems in Italy finding healthy and low calorie food. You can always skip the pasta first course (although that is a challenge) and you will usually a find a lot of fresh seafood, fish, salads etc on the menus. There should equally be a good selection of fresh fruit at the breakfast buffet, melons, peaches etc.

I don't think I have ever put weight on in Italy, quite the opposite, but I have to watch my weight in the UK, hence the diet plan and I am looking at losing ca 3-4 kg that I have acquired somehow since last summer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now