Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My fitness pal help please, I'm being so dim!

(3 Posts)
TotallyBursar Thu 23-May-13 20:46:12

Ok, how, how do I add the 30 day shred to my exercise?

I use mfp on my phone and it separates exercise into cardio & strength, as you know. So far I have been listing all the exercises separately as well as I can. It doesn't seem to quite match up though.
I'm already a bit dubious about some of the calorie counts and have put some corrected ones on for me to use but the exercise calorie usage seems a bit generous as well.
I have no idea how to add or work out the shred total in real life though so I can gauge if it is in the right ball park.

It sounds daft but I just think if the food and exercise counts are both off then I would be better off using something else than spend 2 months getting used to wrong numbers (I'm really not very good at this you see!).
On the running machine the calories used is often a hundred or so lower than mfp.
What do you do?
It might be the shock of doing any exercise at all has got me befuddled!
TIA.

eslteacher Thu 23-May-13 21:32:17

You can put it in as circuit training, which is as fairly accurate description.

Personally I looked at the figure mfp gave me for 20m circuit training, and also did a bit of googling along the lines of 'calories burned shred' and decided on 150 cals as a good guess for me. I manually enter that every time now, using the 'create an exercise' function.

But have just bought a heart rate monitor,which will hopefully enable me to be a bit more aaccurate.

TotallyBursar Fri 24-May-13 09:28:04

Thank you!
I will try and find the same - mfp says my calorie use would be wildly different than 150 so I'll have to have a Google and add my weight etc. I think.
Anyway yes thank you, I can be more accurate, enter it all in one go & not get so bored with doing it. Hurrah!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now