Talk

Advanced search

one month to a big event - need crash diet help pls

(12 Posts)
kikilondon Wed 22-May-13 18:47:36

to shift hopefully a stone...possible?? thanks

SeashellHoarder Thu 23-May-13 07:45:02

How about excercise. 30-day shred is fantastic - I noticed a difference in 4 days. Also if you are used to light exercise you will likely not find it as awful as some people say.
Good luck, it is great to have something to work towards!

BunnyLebowski Thu 23-May-13 07:46:55

A stone in a month is pretty easy.

Strict low carbing, drink gallons of water and do The Shred every single night.

SeashellHoarder Thu 23-May-13 11:42:03

I second the water - I drink at least 4 litres a day normally so this is normal for me, but definately do this.
Also you might notice that if you come off caffeine your metabolism speeds up a bit.

Seb101 Thu 23-May-13 14:30:41

Cambridge diet ; you'll lose 1-1.5 stone in a month. It's bloody hard though!

JennySense Thu 23-May-13 15:45:50

Agree with Seb - if you can stick with Cambridge it's achievable

alienbanana Thu 23-May-13 15:48:30

Cambridge is hell

Do strict Atkins, 20g carbs a day, loads of water and you don't have to starve yourself. I didn't exercise that much and still lost a stone in a month.

kikilondon Thu 23-May-13 22:50:55

I already exercise 4 hours minimum a week - should I do shred every night as well? ooh may try low carbing for month
thanks!!

mrsfossil Thu 23-May-13 23:41:33

I tried atkins and found it really hard because you never get anything sweet to eat. Just started Cambridge this week and although its not gastro heaven at least some of the products are sweet. I'm hoping to lose 2 stone

alienbanana Fri 24-May-13 08:14:17

After a while on Atkins you lose any urge to eat anything sweet really, even now I don't feel like cake or sweets or chocolate that often.

You can have things like full fat yoghurt with blueberries - not that sweet I know, but better than nothing. At least you can eat actual food (and lots of it!) on Atkins.

OP - have a search for BIWI's low carb bootcamp threads - there's loads of menu ideas and tips.

mrsfossil Fri 24-May-13 12:01:14

day 3 and I've lost 3 pounds, chuffed! can't say that iv'e stopped dreaming about food but hopefully I won't have to stay on this for months. You do go into ketosis on Cambridge like with atkins, and I can have 1 normal carb free meal aday from alist of foods. Today I don't feel hungry at all

alienbanana Fri 24-May-13 13:22:18

Ooh well done

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now