Talk

Advanced search

Slimming World or Weight Watchers?

(4 Posts)
MrsHelsBels74 Wed 15-May-13 08:56:48

I used WW online before having the children, now I want to lose weight but would prefer to join a group. I can't make any of the WW groups near us so was thinking of trying SW.

Has anyone else used both & do you have a preference?

higgle Wed 15-May-13 09:36:41

I prefer slimming world. I used to go to a large WW group and it was easy to go under the radar with the leader. There seemed to be a lot of counting of points etc. and although those who had lost certain amounts of weight were mentioned in the talk after weigh in there was not much "audience participation". SW is rather different, and you don't have to think about dieting much at all once you have got into the eating pattern that goes with it. I don't weigh or count except for the few things I eat where this is stipulated ( cheese etc. ) I have had a fairly steady loss of between 1.5 and 2 lb a week since March, which is very pleasing.

At SW meetings everyone's gains or losses are mentioned, though very tactfully with the gains. I like this because you really get the impression that no one thinks gaining for a week or two because of a holiday etc. is failure. At my group I'd say 25% of those who attend are on target and maintaining, which is very reassuring for me as I certainly want this to be the last time I have to lose this weight - I think it is a bit like AA and I'll need to go forever to be sure.

Curlywurlysareyum Sat 18-May-13 20:32:18

Hi I totally agree with higgle. I too have done ww many times. Only reason I joined sw was like u, that meeting was on the night I could get out.
It took me a few weeks to get my head round it. Reading threads on here, going on the website and attending meetings has helped. I can now see me following the rules of sw even when I hit target. It's easy once you understand it. And I feel benefits the whole family as the kids get to eat the same. I would def advise u to give it a go. I think the change of diet helped me refocus.

everynameistaken Sat 18-May-13 21:42:05

Done ww loads of times. On sw now and its loads better. I feel like it isnt a diet and its something i could keep on doing after if I lose all my weight. Hope this helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now