Talk

Advanced search

So disheartened!!

(12 Posts)
trixymalixy Sun 12-May-13 10:20:49

I lost 10lbs before Xmas using myfitnesspal and exercising 2-3 times per week. I maintained that weight up until 2 weeks ago, not really watching what I was eating and exercising 2-3 times per week.

I have a wedding to go to in 3 weeks so thought I'd try to lose half a stone, starting 2 weeks ago.

In the past 2 weeks I have stuck to my calorie allowance on MFP on average, I have run 3x5k, 4x personal training sessions, 2xtennis matches, 2x tennis training and walked at lunchtimes midweek.

And the result has been.....2lbs ON!!!

WTF! I guess I could have put on muscle, and I do have my period, but still?!?!

So disheartening. Can someone give me a pep talk before I break out the chocolate?

HeySoulSister Sun 12-May-13 10:23:01

period can make a big difference....bet you will find different results when its gone!!

ChippingInLovesSunshine Sun 12-May-13 10:23:20

Period = weight retention. Try not to let it get you down. Step away from the chocolate!!

Have you considered low carbing? It's The Best! I've lost 30lbs in 14 weeks smile

BIWI's bootcamp is in progress if you want to join us!

trixymalixy Sun 12-May-13 10:24:27

I didn't see my period making that much of a difference before Xmas though. I hope you're right.

HeySoulSister Sun 12-May-13 10:47:52

I second low carbing!! i'm almost at a 4 stone loss from doing it.....started November tho

trixymalixy Sun 12-May-13 10:50:37

I have tried low carbing, and found it too difficult to stick to, but I am trying to not eat too many carbs for dinner. So for example I'll have an omelette and salad or stir fry without noodles oor salmon with loads of veg for dinner. That's what worked for me before Xmas.

trixymalixy Sun 12-May-13 10:51:01

Well done on the weight loss though, that's very impressive!

HeySoulSister Sun 12-May-13 10:53:41

that sounds quite low carb anyway. weight loss is a funny old thing!!

ChippingInLovesSunshine Sun 12-May-13 13:05:59

But did you try it on the Bootcamp threads?? The support & recipe/meal ideas really keep you going and make it much easier to stick to!... truely.

ChippingInLovesSunshine Sun 12-May-13 13:07:07

HeySoul - yes her dinner sounds fine, but as you know, she wont be fat burning if she's eating carbs the rest of the day and then you risk putting on weight, not losing it shock

happyhorse Sun 12-May-13 13:22:40

If you're doing a fair bit of exercise then you really need to take your measurements and check these every so often as well as your weight. You could be gaining muscle and losing inches.

trixymalixy Sun 12-May-13 14:58:12

I have had a serious go at low carbing, although admittedly it wasn't with the support of the boot camp threads. As soon as I stopped it all went back on though. Whereas with what I'm doing now it's the first time I haven't put any weight on over Xmas and have maintained my weight without yo yoing straight back up again.

I have measured myself, but 2 weeks not enough to show much difference, plus I think I am a bit bloated from my period.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now