Talk

Advanced search

My Fitness Pal....help!

(5 Posts)
classifiedinformation Sat 11-May-13 08:15:25

Just started on this yesterday, but it seems quite difficult to stay within the nutritional goals.

My fat intake is ok, so are my carbs (quite low in fact) but protein is through the roof. Sugar was a little bit over, but I will try to remedy that.

My problem is to get info about what I can eat, according to my food diary eggs are a no go (protein) and most fruits and low fat milk area also out (too much sugar). It seems that if I change to whole milk there is no sugar in it but too much fat.

It is also telling me I am having too few calories, so I need to up my calorie intake without adding to my fat or sugar level.

Help, so confused!!!!

MelanieCheeks Sat 11-May-13 08:23:17

Work on the calories first, the other macros aren't as important.

MFP sets sugar really low - its about half the UK daily guide amount. So don't worry about that one, especially if all your sugar is coming from eg fruit and milk. There IS sugar in whole milk too, some mostof the items in the database don't have all the nutritional data recorded correctly.

MFP also sets protein quite low, and its no problem if you go over on it too - for a female, up to 100g protein a day or more is fine, if you've no kidney issues.

If you've just started, I'd recommend just recording what you eat for at least a week, and THEN analyse and see where you could make changes.

I'm Melaniecheeks on there too, if you need a friend smile

classifiedinformation Sat 11-May-13 08:33:37

Thank you, that's such a relief about the sugar and protein, have been struggling to find things I can eat lol!

I've pretty much cut out biscuits and cake ect, now need to learn how I can up my calorie intake without overdoing the fat.

My user name is crumbymummy by the way.

Dingle Sat 11-May-13 08:39:17

I have been asking about MFP too! Just coming to the end of my first week and I have struggle staying under my cal target of 1200, my nutritional goals are all over the place but I suppose I have been more concerned about calories.

awaywego1 Sat 11-May-13 22:05:34

I generally just focus on calories rather than worrying about the other stuff-apart from generally trying to eat fruit n veg and stuff. Keep it simple grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now