Talk

Advanced search

Low carbing but really want a treat.

(10 Posts)
AKissIsNotAContract Fri 10-May-13 16:37:49

I've been low carbing for just over 2 months and I'm doing really well. But I'm on my period and desperate for chocolate.

Are there any good low carb treats?

teaandthorazine Fri 10-May-13 16:49:24

No reason why you shouldn't have a bit of chocolate now and again, especially since you've been LC for a while now. Just make sure it's the proper dark stuff - no less than 70% cocoa or the sugar content will be too high. Green & Blacks, Lindt and Divine all do good dark choc. The good news is you eat far less of it too!

Or... fresh whipped cream with berries and a drizzle of melted dark choc?

BlackAffronted Fri 10-May-13 17:29:40

Lidl do an amazing dark choc with raspberries thats lowish carbs (if you stick to just a square or two).

alienbanana Fri 10-May-13 17:30:19

Wine? smile

Fairyloo Fri 10-May-13 17:53:36

Atkins bars are gorgeous

LaurieFairyCake Fri 10-May-13 17:57:10

Have you tried making low carb cheesecake ? - it's the dogs!!!

Eggy/cheesy/sweetened with Splenda. I ate a whole New York cheesecake once (low carb) and lost 2 pounds that week - was about 15 years ago though. It came in a powder that you mixed it with 4 cartons of Philadelphia and about 6 eggs.

I still dream about how tasty it was grin

teaandthorazine Fri 10-May-13 18:22:15

no Atkins bars, full of artificial crap wink

AKissIsNotAContract Fri 10-May-13 18:29:04

Low carb cheesecake sounds great.

DP came in with a special treat for me - a bag of nuts. He looked so disappointed when I said I wanted chocolate so I'm not going to give in.

Annanon Fri 10-May-13 20:12:48

If you like cadburys chocolate, buy the treat size multipacks (twirls, buttons, dairymilk bars), then each bar/bag is around 8-11g of carbs. You just need to ensure you have enough discipline to only eat one bar/bag at a time.

decaffwithcream Sat 11-May-13 21:15:41

www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/dec/18/nigel-slater-classic-chocolate-truffles

Someone linked to these chocolate truffles on the low-carb thread. I assume the double cream makes them higher fat and lower carb than just dark chocolate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now