Talk

Advanced search

How much can I lose on a low carb diet in 6 months?

(5 Posts)
AngryFeet Thu 09-May-13 21:17:33

I currently.weigh around 13st 12 and at 5ft 3 my bmi is 35. My plan is to eat eggs a slice of bacon and.mushrooms for brekkie, salad with tuna egg and mayo.for lunch then meat and veg for dinner. What could I.lose realistically?

TreeLuLa Thu 09-May-13 21:18:50

Hi Angry,
WHy don't you come and join us on the Bootcamp thread?

On the last bootcamp, quite a few people lost a stone + in the first 4-6 weeks.

ChippingInLovesSunshine Thu 09-May-13 21:26:00

If you come and join us on BIWI's threads you will lose loads and have millions of lovely low carb meal/recipe ideas & invaluable support for those days when it's bloody hard! smile

As to how much you'll lose - how long is a piece of string?! However, I have lost 29lb in 13 weeks. I have more than you to lose but others with about the same as you seem to be doing much the same as me. Some seem to lose faster... others slower. Not much help is it? Your body is unique to you. However, 2lb a week (on average) is a good, sustainable loss I feel. I must say though, that it's not linear...I 'stalled' for 4 weeks, drove me mad, but then made up for it in the couple of weeks after that - that's when you need the support (IMO) to keep you at it when the going gets tough.

I've tried all kinds of 'diets' & 'ways of eating' but this is the only way that works for me and is sustainable.

Good luck - & hope to see you 'over there' smile

Chipsbigbowl Thu 09-May-13 21:27:50

Hi angry. Weight loss is rapid and impressive but with anything, only works if you stick to it. You'll need a lot more variety than that to go 3 months. No need for such restricted meals. There's a low carb recipie thread with loads of good ideas.

ChippingInLovesSunshine Thu 09-May-13 21:30:18

Bootcamp thread HERE

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now