Talk

Advanced search

Outrage - Contest Mocking Larger Women

(6 Posts)
yummymummy94 Wed 01-May-13 14:34:37

Now, I myself went through a massive struggle getting the weight off after pregnancy (I did eventually get back down to a size 8 not easy while trying to look after a newborn with my fiancée away on tour) because I wanted to look good for our upcoming wedding.

But then I saw this..... http://dailysport.co.uk/news/big-fat-lottos-and-the-big-fat-thin-brides/

Now we all know this is a bit of a trash rag, so I don't know how credible it is, but I personally was a little horrified that a company is taking advantage of women in that position for a PR stunt.

That's not to say that it's any worse than what a lot of TV shows do (which I'm sure many of us watch) BUT STILL.

I figured this would be the sort of place to at least perhaps get a bit of support in kicking up a fuss. And I hope that some of you will join me in sending a few angry emails to let any mutual feelings known.

WallyBantersYoniBox Wed 01-May-13 14:52:46

Why are you reading the Sport? confused

yummymummy94 Wed 01-May-13 14:57:13

I got sent it by my dad with the line "it's a shame you've already lost the weight I could've saved a fortune"

Him reading the sport is disturbing enough in itself :/

WallyBantersYoniBox Wed 01-May-13 14:58:46

I'd be tempted to reply that the thought of my own father reading the sport is making me feel soiled, clammy and a bit sick in my mouth.sad

yummymummy94 Wed 01-May-13 15:10:20

My thoughts exactly :s my hope is that it's someone he worked with showed him and he just thought he was being funny.....

At least that's what I'm telling myself

CeceMummy Fri 03-May-13 14:47:26

Just came across this after doing a bit more research into it.
https://www.bigfatlottos.com/blog/big-fat-to-thin-brides-competition-launched-by-big-fat-lottos/
I love how they try to make it seem nicer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now