Talk

Advanced search

I have some questions about 5:2

(7 Posts)
IsaacCox Tue 30-Apr-13 09:40:57

Hi all. I'm wanting to start the 5:2 diet, but I have a few questions first that I'm hoping you can help me with smile

I have a lot to lose (like 5-6 stone <gulp>) is 5:2 ok for me to do? When is best to exercise, on non fast days only or including fast days? Is it 500 cal max a fast day? How is best to distribute this, over lunch and dinner or just dinner? Do I eat normally on non fast days, not calorie counting? But not excessive.

I think that's it for now, thanks for any help smile

IsaacCox Tue 30-Apr-13 10:34:29

Bump smile

EagleRiderDirk Tue 30-Apr-13 13:39:27

Hi,

I've recently started the 5:2 diet and have a similar amount to lose so I hope its ok!

I personally wouldn't exercise on fast days, but I'm exercise limited at the moment so can't anyway.

Its 550 cals max women/600 men on fast days (don't want to be sexist and assume you're a woman on here!!!!). Its really up to you how you distribute it, but on the other threads going most people seem to prefer to either fast totally or have nothing till dinner. Menu plans I've seen seem to suggest splitting over breakfast and dinner. I'm personally having three meals, but making lunch smaller and smaller each time to work towards a breakfast and dinner split.

The idea is that you can eat normally on normal days, but a lot of us also calorie count on those days to help boost weight loss. As the diet is going along I'm finding I don't want as much food on a normal day anyway. I also have discovered that my general meals keep under the 2000 calories (with a few switches) anyway, and can usually let myself have some wine or another treat most days. So on a normal day I'm really just cutting out or down on rubbish.

Hope that's some help

IsaacCox Tue 30-Apr-13 13:49:55

That's great thank you. I've decided for this week (tomorrow and Friday) to just have dinner. I bought some 7 calorie noodles, rice and pasta from Holland and Barratts the other week so going to use them.

I'm weirdly excited to start!

EagleRiderDirk Tue 30-Apr-13 14:49:28

Argh, just seen a typo! 500 calories max for women. I have no clue how I missed that. Der.

Good luck, and honestly it gets easier and easier. Drink plenty of water on fasting days.

postmanpatscat Tue 30-Apr-13 15:44:20

Please join us on the 5:2 thread (we're on number 18 now!)

All welcome!

IsaacCox Wed 01-May-13 06:24:07

Will do, thanks smile

I think I'm going to need help already! I've been awake since 4 and couldn't switch my mind off from thinking of food, most of which I don't even particularly like confused

Going to keep myself busy today, tidying, painting furniture and going for a walk. Wish me luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now