Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Questions about 30 day shred

(5 Posts)
freerangeeggs Sun 28-Apr-13 17:04:46

Hi everyone, I'm thinking about starting 30 day shred next week and have a few questions. I already have the DVD.

First of all, what do you do when you've finished it? I worry that, having done such intensive exercise for a month, it'll be easy to regain weight if I don't replace it with something equally strenuous.

Secondly, do you do it with weights? Should I buy some, and if so, which size?

I had another question but I can't remember it now! I suppose I'd just like to hear some success stories too.

Thanks!

Nettee Sun 28-Apr-13 17:10:03

Hi there - I did it before Christmas and found it very good. I lost 8 lb (also with the help of slimming world) and an inch I think. Also got much better at press ups. It did make my knee hurt a bit though.

Anyway after I finished it I did nothing for a bit and then went back to my old toning DVDs and found them easier. Back to very little at the moment I am afraid. I think you are meant to keep going with it sometimes. I am considering going for it again after half term.

Also I didn't quite do it daily but 5x per week for 6 weeks. I actually thing alternate days for 60 days would be best.

Yes you need weights and I am afraid to say that I did it with 3 different sets - 1, 2 and 3 kg. Some of the exercises are really hard even with the light ones and some are not so bad even with the heavier ones. You could go 2kg and then do some with no weights or with salt and pepper grinders.

good luck!

WillieWaggledagger Sun 28-Apr-13 21:35:02

i'm partway through it at the moment - i have started it in the past but never completed the full 30 days as i got bored, but i'm determined to finish it this time

i plan to go back to my usual running but include some resistance stuff too as i can already see improvements in muscle tone from the shred exercises. i'll hopefully do the shred once or twice a week, or one of the other dvds i have (davina etc) to force me to keep my exercise varied

i use weights that DP already had, but which he doesn't use as he needs heavier ones. i use lighter ones (1kg i think) for some exercises where i am a pathetic weed and can't manage heavier, and heavier ones (2.5kg i think) where i can

niceupthedance Mon 29-Apr-13 07:09:27

I did the shred recently, it took me 45 days. Noticed some difference (two inches off waist) and feel much fitter and firmer.

I'm now doing Jillian's ripped in 30 which is in the same format as shred. I do it three or four times per week and although I am only on week 2, people have started commenting that I look like I have lost a lot of weight (I haven't, just inches).

I used 1kg weights for shred, now on 2kg.

Good luck!

freerangeeggs Mon 29-Apr-13 21:30:15

Thanks everyone, really helpful smile I think I'll start next week. I've lost a lot of wait recently but having been putting off doing any strenuous exercise... Time to bite the bullet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now