Talk

Advanced search

If you're 5'7 and a size 8-10(UK) - please come and tell me your weight!

(26 Posts)
MumfordandDaughter Sun 28-Apr-13 15:47:01

I'm 5'7 and have a 'small frame'. (I did the wrist test to determine frame size and my fingers overlapped quite a bit, but not sure how accurate this is as my wrists have always been skinny...)

For the past two-three years, my weight has crept up and up. When my pair of size 14 work trousers started to dig in to my belly button, i finally weighed myself and was shocked to see i was the heaviest i've ever been... 11stone 13lbs! Even when i was pregnant over five years ago, i only ever went up to 11 1/2 stone.

I hope i haven't offended anyone reading. But on me, this weight just doesn't look good. My hips become huge and spill over everything, my backside droops, by belly looks pregnant and my face becomes bloated and shapeless.

Anyway, i've been calorie counting and exercising every day for an hour since the end of last month, and this morning i weighed 10stone 9lbs. I can notice my face has changed shape, and my collar bone is becoming more visible. My tummy is much flatter, too. I feel much better and don't ever want to put that weight back on again. However, i still have a bit to lose before i'm content.

I now fit a size 12.

I was happiest and looked my best at a size 8-10, but can't remember what i weighed back then (pre-pregnancy). I think it might have been 9.7stone. If that's the case, then i have roughly another stone to lose, which doesn't seem too bad.

I was just wondering if any of you ladies of a similar build/height can tell me what you weigh, to give me some sort of target/goal weight, because my 9.7 estimation is probably well off the mark.

Thanking you. smile

louismummy Sun 28-Apr-13 15:57:03

well i'm shorter than you at 165cm and weigh 59kg i have quite large sholuders so if i weighed much less would look a bit skeletal. hth

Greypuddle Sun 28-Apr-13 16:00:07

I'm half an inch under 5'7, a size 8-10 and usually hover around 9 stone.

MumfordandDaughter Sun 28-Apr-13 16:04:20

Thanks for the replies.

Okay, so i'm looking at somewhere between 9stone and 9.7stone to get back to my ideal size.

Eeek, another stone and a half (ish) to go then.

RightsaidFreud Sun 28-Apr-13 16:05:40

I'm 5'7 and 9.7 stone, size 10. I carry my weight on my hips and tops of my thighs.

isitsnowingyet Sun 28-Apr-13 16:06:58

I'm 5'8" and weigh 11.5 stones. Size 12 to 14. And realistically, don't think I'll ever be a size 8 or 10 therefore cannot answer your original question

[just finished bowl of cheesy doritos -- probably not going to help either]

CooEeeEldridge Sun 28-Apr-13 16:07:22

Hiya, I think I'm similar, I'm 10st now and a size 10, my ideal weight is 9st 8 which is 8/10 on me, I once went down to under 9 (thanks ecoli!), but l

freerangeeggs Sun 28-Apr-13 16:07:53

I'm about 5ft6 and I'm currently (after quite some time on the fasting diet!) somewhere between a size 8 - 10. I weighed 9st 8.75 on Friday. I want to be 9st, at which point I think I'll be a pretty secure size 8.

My starting weight was similar to yours too smile

freerangeeggs Sun 28-Apr-13 16:09:04

Well done on your weight loss so far btw smile

isitsnowingyet Sun 28-Apr-13 16:09:24

I've just read your post again, and it sounds like you are at a good weight NOW - I would love to be 10.5 stone and fit comfortably into all size 12 clothes!

CooEeeEldridge Sun 28-Apr-13 16:10:05

Grr!!! ... But looked a bit haggard at that? so I think 9.7 sounds about right as a target? Well done for getting back on track!

PiratePanda Sun 28-Apr-13 16:22:57

5' 6 1/2" here. When I was size 8-10 (aaahhhh, those halcyon days) I was between 9st 4 and 9st 12. 9st 12 is smack bang in the middle of my healthy weight range according to BMI. (Currently about 3 stone to lose... sad )

MumfordandDaughter Sun 28-Apr-13 16:36:30

Thanks for sharing, everyone.

Yep, i had a mini-heart attack upon realising i was actually classed as overweight. So i thought i ought to nip it in the bud. Mainly, i blame fizzy drinks. I was drinking maybe three cans a day which is roughly 600 cals - and was doing bugger all exercise.

I'm now on a 1200 cal diet (which i'm finding strangely easy!) and doing 30 mins on my elliptical each eve and 30 mins of pilates.

I'm surprised over the moon at how quickly the weight has come off actually. That's over a stone in a little over 4 weeks. Yey! Go me. So i could be potentially a size 8/10 again in under two months if i keep this up. I'm excited!

I haven't bought myself any new clothes in ages (with the exception of larger work trousers) as i kept telling myself there was no point wasting money because i'd be slimming down soon.

This has been going on for years.

So i've been squeezing into my size 12 stuff since, which now fit comfortably. I have a whole stash of my old size 10-12 stuff in a cupboard that i'm going to try on when i reach the 10stone point. Hopefully that will motivate me further.

Sleepwhenidie Sun 28-Apr-13 16:41:27

Do you know what? This question has been asked so many times on here and you are always going to get a wide range of answers because dress sizes vary massively and the way people carry weight varies massively. Add in fat:muscle ratios skewing things and it is impossible to get a definitive target weight in relation to dress size smile.

I would say that for most people, being an 8-10 would give them a lowish BMI, think around 22? If you use that as a target, then see how you feel when you are there or close to it it may be better (suspect that will be around 9.5 stone but haven't checked, so you are probably on track smile)

this link illustrates my point.

Octopus37 Sun 28-Apr-13 17:02:39

I am 165cm and currently weigh 8st4ish. Should make me a size 8, but I am more like a 10 (vanity 8 if I am lucky). Trying to get down to 8st at the moment as find that makes me a bit closer to a size 8, any less makes me look old.

Sleepwhenidie Sun 28-Apr-13 17:17:05

See Octopus I am also 165cm but 9st and a size 8, my body fat is pretty low, I am very fit, but maybe we are just trying different makes of size 8 confusedsmile

EleanorFarjeon Sun 28-Apr-13 17:22:52

I'm a smidge over 5'7" and look my absolute best at about 9 stone 4, size 10 with the occasional 8.

Octopus37 Sun 28-Apr-13 18:03:15

When I was 9st, I used to have to buy size 12 trousers cause of my hips and bum, o well.

Ariel21 Sun 28-Apr-13 18:06:48

Wow, I'm 5'8 and have never been anything near 9 stone - the best I've ever done was 10.5. I am a ten on top and 12 on bottom and would love to be an all-round 10. Now about 11.5. That seems heavy considering my size?! Heavy bones anyone?

EleanorFarjeon Sun 28-Apr-13 18:29:18

...and when I got married, I weighed 8 stone 2 - that's just a dream now!

Fairylea Sun 28-Apr-13 18:34:38

Watching with interest ..

I'm 5ft 7 and currently weigh about 12 stone 4.. I'm a size 16 at the moment.

I've been doing a 1200 calorie diet for the past week and lost a few pounds... I used to be a size 10 and I'd love to be that size again. Although chocolate cake keeps calling me......

badguider Sun 28-Apr-13 18:39:31

You'll get a wide range of responses depending on not just "frame" but shape (apple, pear, whatever), muscle mass and muscle tone.
Best to pick yourself a BMI in the healthy range as a target and if you want to be slimmer then one near the lower end of healthy. But it will depend massively on the exercise you do and muscle tone of your body.

CooEeeEldridge Sun 28-Apr-13 19:55:27

Well done Mumford! I'm aiming to be back at 9st 10ish for the summer (4lbs to go!) and it's bloody brilliant being able to wear a my 'slim' clothes again, like a whole new wardrobe!!

bobsnotabuilder Sun 28-Apr-13 22:14:38

5'8'' and an 8-10. I weigh 9st7lbs.

At 8st4lbs I was a small 8 and at 13st4lbs a 14.

photographerloves Fri 29-Dec-17 11:17:44

I'm 5'9/10 and weigh 8 stone 5 and I'm a size 8, when I was 7 stone 10 I was a size 6/8 but all shops are different. well done on your weight loss so far, remember that everyone at different sizes are beautiful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now