Talk

Advanced search

Sodding John Briffa diet

(9 Posts)
ElizaDoLots Sat 27-Apr-13 13:29:30

I hate diets - they make me think about food all the time, so I usually vow not to go on them and am a normal weight.

However, after Christmas my jeans were getting a bit tight, so I bought the Briffa book on a whim and have been low carbing since. I have fewer energy slumps now and lost stacks of weight - far more than I meant to in fact. However, over Easter I opened just one egg may have also consumed entire large lindt dark chocolate bunny and since then demolished several gallons of red wine and it has all come back on. It's come back on so quickly and is particularly annoying as I had got used to being much skinnier.

Is this how low carb works - does it only stay off if you don't even have a sniff of carb?

ElizaDoLots Sat 27-Apr-13 13:30:24

I think what annoys me most is that I don't even like red wine - I only drank it because he told me to!

teaandthorazine Sat 27-Apr-13 13:48:15

One lapse wouldn't make you put it all back on, especially if you'd lost 'stacks'. Are you sure the Lindt bunny wasn't the start of some serious carb creep? wink

ElizaDoLots Sat 27-Apr-13 15:20:58

It may have been the start of a bit of a carb creep, but only in terms of red wine/a few spoonful's of sugar on yoghurt a day/a few others blips - but no-where near the amount of carb I ate previously and the rest of my diet was very low carb. It puts me off trying again if as soon as I start to eat anything carby the whole lot comes back on.

HeySoulSister Sat 27-Apr-13 15:30:12

on any diet you would have this happen

LaVidaLoCarb Sat 27-Apr-13 18:03:14

Don't panic, most of what you have regained will be glycogen and water. Go back to strict low carbing and it will all go again.

bigTillyMint Sat 27-Apr-13 18:04:41

Go and see BIWI on the low carb bootcamp thread smile

ElizaDoLots Sat 27-Apr-13 21:34:44

Thank you - will find BIWI.

This feels like fat not water LaVida.

It may be that this weight now is my natural weight I guess

ElizaDoLots Sun 28-Apr-13 00:27:40

'spoonfuls of sugar', not 'spoonful's of sugar' shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now