Talk

Advanced search

Marks and spencer cafe carrot cake, calories!

(8 Posts)
Bluebell99 Thu 18-Apr-13 07:06:26

Apparently according to their information a slice has 825 calories shock unfortunately I didn't realise until after I ate it .

goodygumdrops Thu 18-Apr-13 07:08:06

I feel your pain! They have started putting calorie counts in cakes in costs too....it's very eye opening and can be good for sales!

snoworneahva Thu 18-Apr-13 07:12:58

Calorific value of cake came in as a big shock for me too.

Bluebell99 Thu 18-Apr-13 07:21:54

Apparently a slice of Victoria sponge would have been 300 less at 525. I was shocked at the hot chocolate as well 400 calories in one of them, didn't have one but my dd did. How's the calorie count good for sales goodygumdrops?! Ah well it's a new day today ...

goodygumdrops Thu 18-Apr-13 09:50:00

I meant can't be good for sales smile

Bluebell99 Thu 18-Apr-13 18:25:45

Ah that makes more sense Goodygumdrops smile

BsshBossh Fri 19-Apr-13 12:20:01

If I want cake I make it count as a complete meal, that is if I want to eat cake then I won't have anything else for lunch (or dinner). It's shocking how calorific things are but it doesn't mean I won't have them grin.

I agree, I wonder what impact this will have on M&S sales!

chirpchirp Fri 19-Apr-13 13:30:34

I grabbed an M&S chicken and bacon salad bowl thinking bit of a treat with the bacon but generally staying on track - boy was I wrong! 900 odd calories. It was while I was eating it I thought, this tastes too good, it can't possibly be healthy - I was right!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now