Talk

Advanced search

*BIWI* I need you!!!!!

(5 Posts)
TheChocolateTeapot Wed 17-Apr-13 18:14:37

BIWI - I am one of your loyal low carbers and am just hanging on til bootcamp starts again, albeit with a name change. (Actually am doing ok and am maintaining my finishing weight - and maybe 1kg more down smile )
Please tell me how much damage I am doing to myself if I have the occasional Snickers mini ice cream bar (think it's the spring!!) which has about 18 carbs. Even though my carbs are always below 100 and usually below 50 I need one of your lectures on deriving carbs from good sources and not bad. Please give me a good talking to!

BIWI Fri 19-Apr-13 17:44:28

grin

Do you want me to talk you in or out of it?!

Although 18g carbs in one go is a lot - it obviously depends on what else you're eating that day. If you're keeping them under 50, including the Snickers, then be my guest and fill your boots!

If, by including said Snickers bar in your day is leading to weight gain and cravings for other sweet things/carbs, then stop it right now and don't let them pass your lips again.

BIWI Fri 19-Apr-13 17:44:51

<practices swinging big stick in advance of 29 April>

TheChocolateTeapot Sat 20-Apr-13 10:06:08

smile Thanks BIWI - no, one Snickers isn't leading to the next, it's my only sin! I just wanted to know if a carb is a carb is a carb or if some carbs are better/worse than others. Can't wait for 29th.

BIWI Sat 20-Apr-13 18:53:10

I suspect some carbs probably are worse than others. You could, for example, have boiled some lentils ...

.... but not really grin

All carbs are sugar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now