Talk

Advanced search

30 day shred/MyfitnessPal - anyone know how many calories a session burns?

(12 Posts)
soontobeslendergirl Wed 17-Apr-13 13:01:14

I've been very diligent in my looging on Myfitnesspal - I've lost 23lbs since mid January and have similar still to go.....
I've been doing the c25k - due to one thing or another I never seem to get past week 6 but am not too bothered, still geting out and doing someything and logging it as walking/jogging.

I got the 30 day shred DVD as I really want to start doing some toning and also have something to do on days when I just can't get out - childcare/weather etc.

I did first session today but it's not listed on MFP and I really don't know what to count it as - i guess it doesn't matter whether I log it as long as I do it, but I am a wee bit anal and it also helps my motivation if I can see how many calories I am burning grin

Anyone help?

Jacksterbear Wed 17-Apr-13 13:05:05

I log it as 20 mins circuit training, which for me map calcayes as burning 185 cals, iirc.

Congrats on your success so far and enjoy shredding!

Jacksterbear Wed 17-Apr-13 13:05:42

Which for me MFP calculates

HeySoulSister Wed 17-Apr-13 13:09:14

Yes there was a thread last week... Do a search?

But I think it came back at around 180 cals

And hey! Well done you!!

soontobeslendergirl Wed 17-Apr-13 13:11:29

ah fab, thanks Jacksterbear - that makes sense smile

it was a wee bit tough going on the old abs this morning but I am hoping that will improve - expecting to be sore tomorrow sad

Didn't have any hand weights so used two tins of soup and didn't have a mat so used the sheepskin rug........resourceful if nothing else. I have a bit of a sore shoulder at the moment so I struggled with the push ups but I gave it all a good go.

soontobeslendergirl Wed 17-Apr-13 13:13:46

mine comes up at 235 calories - probably becasue of the extra weight I'm still carrying.

I'll go have a look soulsister - thanks smile

soontobeslendergirl Wed 17-Apr-13 13:17:18

and I'm almost 47 so no spring chicken anymore sad I've had 2 sections and had a hands width split in my abs due to my ginormous babies so not expecting to get too ripped!! I did have a 6 pack before I got pregnant but my eldest is nearly 13 so that was a while ago.

HeySoulSister Wed 17-Apr-13 14:16:14

I mentioned on a thread last week that my slim,gorgeous dd who is nearly 19,does shred

she finds it hard!! grin

so us in our forties are doing well I think!! shes starting c25k with me soon too,ive completed it and joined a running club now....but she got the bug from watching me.....that for me is a bigger result than the fitness achievement I think as im a lone parent

soontobeslendergirl Wed 17-Apr-13 14:33:10

Oh that is brilliant Soul - I wish i could inspire my boys to get of their bums and outside away from Computer games etc but nothing yet.

soontobeslendergirl Wed 17-Apr-13 14:39:37

And I started of in January as Obese with a BMI over 30 and now over halfway to "normal" and BMI 27.6 I think. OH thinks I've got a new man!!

rusmum Wed 17-Apr-13 14:56:13

My hrm logs it as 155-175

soontobeslendergirl Wed 17-Apr-13 14:59:22

rusmum - yes, I think it depends on your weight - I used to get a lot more calories burned for a walk or run when I started and was heavier. - it'd be like someone of normal weight carrying a big rucksack while exercising, the extra weight works your body harder.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now