Talk

Advanced search

Yay my Slim & Save parcel has arrived....

(13 Posts)
ShootingStarsss Tue 16-Apr-13 12:21:02

Decided to go for Slim and save in the end, it has arrived today, can't wait to get started tomorrow and get slim (hopefully) for our smear holiday smile

So who is doing this diet? What's your favourite, shake/meal/bar and what really is disgusting.

Good luck everyone.

FoodieToo Tue 16-Apr-13 17:09:23

Smear holiday,lol! Sorry,that gave me a laugh.

ShootingStarsss Tue 16-Apr-13 17:46:04

Oh dear only just noticed grin

Of course I men't summer holiday not "smear" how that got there I will never know!! Lol

Sal4533 Tue 16-Apr-13 18:21:21

Hi!!

I started slim and save today!! So far do good. Had sweet porridge for breakfast, chocolate type bar thingy for lunch and mushroom pasta for tea.
Had 70g of cucumber and 120g mushrooms.
Had 3litres of water and 100ml skimmed milk in decaf coffee.
That's me done for today! Not felt too bad... be easier when I am at work!
Starting weight 9st 9lbs hoping to be 9st 4lbs next Tuesday smile

ShootingStarsss Tue 16-Apr-13 18:23:31

Hi sal4533

What was the mushroom pasta & the porridge like?
Did you buy the taster pack?
Good luck with your weight lose, I can't wait to get started tomorrow.

Sal4533 Tue 16-Apr-13 18:36:58

Ss- The portions are tiny!! I only got one weeks supply as I just need to shift half a stone I put on over Xmas! I am 5ft 8 so anything less than 9st I look gaunt!!
The porridge was ok just wish I could triple the amount. Mushroom pasta was a little salty tasting and the pasta was quite hard! Again very small amounts! The choccie bar was lovely.

Good luck with your weight loss. I did Cambridge two years ago and lost a stone in 4 weeks, been low carbing ever since.

Drink plenty of water!

ShootingStarsss Tue 16-Apr-13 18:41:28

Thank you.

I am quite a fussy eater so think I am going to struggle with things I like, will probably be living on the shakes grin

I need to loose 2 stone and am determined to do it.

I think I will have porridge for my breakfast then a shake for lunch and not sure about dinner :/

Good luck I am sure you will loose yours by the end of a week.

I was going to do Cambridge but decided to try s&s first.

Will update tomorrow, will probably be starving grin

Sal4533 Tue 16-Apr-13 18:57:35

Lol- I starving now....might have some sugar free jelly....

Cambridge was good but this is cheaper & you don't need to see anyone!

Might have to go to bed early as so hungry!

ShootingStarsss Wed 17-Apr-13 15:48:27

How you getting on today sal4533?

milkybarsrus Thu 18-Apr-13 21:48:59

Hi Sal, I have any of the pasta dishes like mushroom pasta. I find if i soak the food in the water for 5 or 10 mins before putting in the microwave the pasta is a bit softer.

Sal4533 Fri 19-Apr-13 19:28:57

Hi!

Not doing too bad! Day 4 nearly donesmile. Kept on plan & weighed this morning and 3lbs down. Finding drinking loads of water helps! ( finding easier being at work as on the go for 9hrs I don't even think of food!)
Thanks for the tip re: pasta

How are you getting on???

ShootingStarsss Sun 21-Apr-13 10:06:13

Hi sal well done you it's fab isn't it when you know the weight is coming off smile

I am on day 5, I struggled yesterday felt bit sick and miserable but feeling ok today so far.

I have stick to it to a tee, and had a cheeky weigh yesterday and have lost 7lb so am over the moon.

Hardest bit is cooking meals for kids/partner and doing the weekly shop but I am managing and it's paying off so I mustn't give in!

How you getting on now?

Sal4533 Sun 21-Apr-13 12:54:22

Hi,

So glad it's working for you & 7lbs in ; days is fantastic!!

Am on day 6 and just had chilli con carne & mushrooms, which was ok! Weighed this morning and have gone from 9st9 on Tuesday to 9st4 today! 5lbs lost. Very pleased, I am only doing this for 7 days then back to my usual low carb!

Off to work soon on a 3pm till midnight. Only have my chocolate shake left to have today, but at work I am so busy I will be lucky if I get chance to have that!

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now