Talk

Advanced search

Low carb/ Paleo breakfast ideas

(7 Posts)
putyourhatonsweetie Tue 16-Apr-13 12:07:26

Hi all

Wondering if any of you can inspire me with delicious low carb breakfast ideas. If I weren't dieting I would have one of the following:

avocado on toast
raisin bread
muesli and yoghurt
crumpets
fruit salad
fried egg sandwich (only if its been a rough night with dc!)

But would like to gove low card a go and all I can think of is eggs....

cheers

WillieWaggledagger Tue 16-Apr-13 12:13:15

aside from eggs (scrambled in butter, poached, boiled (tasty mixed with butter when hot, omelette etc etc):

- avocado (minus the toast obv)
- yoghurt (full fat greek, possibly with a few berries, depends how strict you're being)
- sausages (low carb, check the packet)
- bacon
- mushrooms fried in butter
- mushrooms fried in butter with a tbsp of boursin stirred in (heaven, but probably not before an important meeting or hot date!)
- handful of nuts (macadamias are low carb, but again depends how strict you want to be)
- cream cheese pancakes (i would avoid the sweetener personally)
- leftovers from the night before (my personal favourite, makes me feel like a rebel eating moussaka for breakfast <sadact>)

mix and match from the above!

putyourhatonsweetie Tue 16-Apr-13 12:16:14

thanks for replying....wondering how I had managed to forget about mushrooms, one of my favourite foods

WillieWaggledagger Tue 16-Apr-13 12:16:20

hmm i realise you've put paleo in the title, sorry - depending on how strict you want to me you might not want to include the dairy suggestions or the processed meat

i try to keep an eye on how much dairy and processed meat i have (no more than a handful of meals including them per week), but i don't exclude them completely

WillieWaggledagger Tue 16-Apr-13 12:17:01

yes yes agree about mushrooms!

nothing better

TheYoniOfYawn Tue 16-Apr-13 12:17:08

Leftovers from dinner the night before.

Romaine/little gem/other sturdy lettuce "wrap" with tuna/egg mayo/chicken/blt etc filling

soup

Berries with yogurt and nuts and something a bit proteins on the side

bacon, eggs, mushroom ans tomatoes

boiled egg with dippy veg sticks

big salad with some meat/fish/boiled eggs

stir-fried green with meat/fish/eggs

Gerrof Tue 16-Apr-13 12:19:57

For breakfasts on the run I always boil a load of eggs and have them in the fridge, so I can have an egg or two if I am running late.

Or a soft boiled egg eaten with a sausage (which makes me feel like a slob of Homer Simpspon proportions).

Mushroom omelette.

That said, macadamias are great. They are normally fiendishly expensive but Sainsburys sell little snack bags which are just over a quid for 60g, far cheaper than anywhere else I have found.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now