Talk

Advanced search

hypnotherapy for weight loss

(6 Posts)
belleshell Sat 13-Apr-13 18:41:55

Has anybody tried it and did it work..... i am gradually putting weight on, over 2 years 2 stone, i can loose weight if i exercise but a chronic health problem means i know cant exercise.....

Any info on this subject would be much appreciated..thank you in advance

mimithemindfull Sat 13-Apr-13 19:32:38

Hi bellshell
I am a hypnotherapist and have successfully worked with women who wished to control their weight. As long as you set a realistic goal and are prepared to look at the emotional aspects of your relationship with food it can be helpful. Good luck.

belleshell Sat 13-Apr-13 20:04:27

thank you so much mindfull, if people have illness is it still ok to use hypnotherpy....

where in the country are you, and how much is a course usually... im getting desperate....i know what my issues with food are, i have a fairly healthy diet i eat 5 portions of fruit and veg each day, i just cant exercise, and my portion size is all wrong.... sad

mimithemindfull Sun 14-Apr-13 11:26:36

Hi belleshell
Sorry for delay with reply. Am new to mumsnet and also have new tablet and couldn't find where this thread had gone!!anyway in answer to your questions hypnotherapy can help treat most health issues apart from serious mental health stuff such as bipolar schiztoprenia or any organic brain diseases. I am in central Scotland but Wd be happy to send u some tips if u like. If u decide to go ahead with hypno u should make sure they are registered with the British society for clinical hypnotherapy if u Google bsch it will give u a list.this is really important as sadly there are some out there who are not trained . re cost it depends where u live average in Falkirk a fairly small town is 70 per session.hope this is helpful but please let me know if Ican help further.

mimithemindfull Sun 14-Apr-13 11:32:09

PS sorry about awful grammar etc am still getting use to this. Also, i know people have found Paul mckennas i can make u thin v helpful but ofcourse not as good as a live therapist!!

belleshell Sun 14-Apr-13 17:21:39

im terrible at grammar.so i wouldnt know the difference..thank yu so much for the advise, ive just ordered the paul mckenna book so will take it from there.i just need to know when im full and that i dont need a man sized portions........

good luck with MN i love it, and good luck with tablet, im useless with touch screen!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now