Talk

Advanced search

Zero will power!!!

(6 Posts)
ChristineDaae Sat 13-Apr-13 12:50:34

Someone please help me! I'm going on holiday in 10 weeks, and getting married in Sept next year. I need to lose about 2 and a half stone, I don't want o 'diet' as such (Atkins etc) as although I know I can lose LOADS in a short space of time in Atkins, I was averting a pound a day last time, I really just wanna get off my bum and excercise and eat healthy. I was doing well, had started doing the shred and running alternate days after Christmas, then had a MC and it totally knocked the wind out of my sails! Someone please motivate me to get up and actually do it!!
I have NO willpower. If there is junk food around I will eat it and there is always crap food in work sad

HeySoulSister Sat 13-Apr-13 14:06:49

take your own food in to work?

you can still effectively low carb without doing full atkins. I've lost loads and theres a new bootcamp thread about to start. lots of running threads round to motivate you too

BambieO Sat 13-Apr-13 14:10:05

I will echo low carb. I'm not doing the camps, I mainly log in MFP but I notice even a small addition of carbs adds so many calories.

I used to eat a mountain of potatoes, mash/roast/new/chips any kind you can think of and since cutting them out alongside bread and other white grains I have noticed a huge improvement. I am also not hungry as I think carbs promote carb cravings in my weird carb obsessed head

HeySoulSister Sat 13-Apr-13 14:13:31

yes they do....something to do with the sugar. by not eating them you don't get the sugar spike so you are keeping blood sugar levels steady....and aren't hungry. i'm hardly ever hungry when low carbing,which is always as its not a diet now,its a way of life

ChristineDaae Sat 13-Apr-13 14:50:49

Ok that sounds good. I might try cutting some carbs rather than the full Atkins. I was doing the 20carbs a day for about a month and lost well over a stone but just couldn't maintain that low a level. I do take my own lunches, but it's one of those offices that always has cakes around and we order in breakfast each Friday. I'm the person who does the order too so the temptation is just too big. I suppose rather than bacon barms I could just have the bacon and egg or something...
Do you aim for a specific number of carbs or just limit 'carby' foods?
Step 1- get off my ass done grin just did the Shred with my 2 year old laughing and 'dancing' with me.

BambieO Sat 13-Apr-13 16:41:41

Well done for shredding! It's very hard but definitely worth it you will almost certainly see results.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now