Talk

Advanced search

Need to shift the last few pounds and struggling? Come an join me I need some buddies.

(7 Posts)
MustTidyUpMustTidyUp Sat 13-Apr-13 10:55:04

18 months after starting sensible weight loss I'm struggling with the last few pounds. I still exercise but find myself picking at food and eating chocolate. I weight 5 lb more than I did at Christmas and am terrified that its going back on. Starting on Monday (out tonight for dinner and drinks so will have a hangover tomo blush
I'm going to
Record everything in MFP and stick to 1250 calories a day
Run/cross train/Zumba 3 times a week
Starting weight was 12 st 10. Was down to 8 st 10 but currently 9 st 1. I'm 5 ft 2 and still v podgy in the tummy area.
Care to join me for some moral support/arse kicking?

mumtolilh Sat 13-Apr-13 16:49:36

Hi

I would like to tell you how I got rid of a few stubborn pounds although its not the best way for your health!
I done the celebrity slim diet for 10 days & my god I lost nearly a stone!!!
It was after a while of proper dieting & working out...unfortunately starts to slow down after a while doesn't it!
It's a quick fix to shift a few but you really have to carry on being really careful after the course as otherwise it's just a waste!
They don't taste too bad & you get to have 1 normal meal a day!!! Yay!!!
Just keep to what you are doing & remember will power & self belief is THE best diet :-)

MustTidyUpMustTidyUp Sat 13-Apr-13 17:39:21

Thanks mum never heard of it but off now to google smile

MustTidyUpMustTidyUp Sat 13-Apr-13 17:44:24

Like slim fast then? How do they taste? What's good / awful?

mumtolilh Sat 13-Apr-13 17:58:26

Well it was sssooo hard for the first few days just not eating nothing until dinner time!!!...I was so glad to get to tea time lol
In all honesty they are actually not bad tasting!...honestly!
Would 100% recommend for quick fix/last few pounds smile
I think they are better than slim fast!
I read the reviews before I bought them as it is quite pricey but most of the reviews will tell u...it really works! It makes you feel full but to chew on something I would recommend lots of chewing gum to hand as I did end up with a strange feeling mouth from not eating all day!
Best thing was when I realised my weight loss after 10 days! smile

MustTidyUpMustTidyUp Mon 15-Apr-13 09:36:07

But oh! The price! Gonna try calorie counting for a week and if no joy I might give it a whirl. :-)

nappyaddict Mon 15-Apr-13 10:09:34

I managed to get down to 6 lbs off my target weight, went to Lanzarote for a week and put another 6lbs on sad

I went with the notion that I would carry on low carbing whilst I was there with the odd pastry/ice cream but for some reason the hotel we stayed in had an obsession with putting breadcrumbs or batter on every vegetable they served or serving horrible soggy frozen veg. I rejoiced the 2 days there was yummy asaparagus and the 1 day there was broccoli!!

Breakfast was OK - I had omelettes, scrambled eggs, grilled tomatoes, fried eggs, cheese, grapefruit, the odd bit of chorizo, salami and bacon.

Lunch was doable but not very interesting - I had soup or salad

But dinner was a nightmare. I would try to fill up on a big bowl of soup but unless I wanted to starve I had to fall off the wagon. Most of the meat was dried up chicken or pork which I just couldn't eat. They had a nice piece of ham/gammon 2 days and steak (poor quality but tastier than the other stuff they had been serving) 3 days but there wasn't much low carb to go with it.

This is the 2nd time DP has persuaded me to go to a 4 star all inclusive hotel and both times I haven't really enjoyed the food. Can you just not get decent food if you go all inclusive?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now