Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

5:2 diet - quick question

(6 Posts)
ineedsomepeaceandquiet Sat 13-Apr-13 08:08:41

hi there - i have just started the 5:2 diet and wondered if it possible to do it from 2pm-2pm or 6pm to 6pm rather than morning to morning. Does that make sense?!!

Sheila Sat 13-Apr-13 08:13:57

Hi there, I asked exactly the same question a while back - see my thread on 7pm to 7pm (sorry I'm on my phone so can't link).

Essentially though, yes you can!

frenchfancy Sat 13-Apr-13 18:59:22

We have discussed this quite a lot on the main 5:2 thread. The concencus is that going 24 hours completely without food would work, but if you try to include the 500 cals into that period then yoy are not really fasting. A true 5:2 is 500cals in 36 hours not 24.

ineedsomepeaceandquiet Sat 13-Apr-13 20:52:55

Frenchfancy - forgive me for being stupid - what times should be best?

NurseEzzzaChapel Sat 13-Apr-13 21:05:52

5:2 fasting days are sleep to sleep, but as Sheila mentioned, it may be possible to do a 24 hour modified fast which would be a form of intermittent fasting but not really 5:2. For more details see the links and tips thread where a recent post should answer your questions.

Hope it goes well for you. smile

frenchfancy Sat 13-Apr-13 21:44:00

You are not being stupid. Try thinking in terms of calendar days rather than 24hour periods. So fast Monday, eat normallt Tuesday and Wednesday, fast Thursday etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now