Talk

Advanced search

Cambridge diet

(10 Posts)
ShootingStarsss Fri 12-Apr-13 18:23:00

Never done this diet, read a bit about it, got a holiday coming up & would like to loose a couple of stone.

Does anyone know how much it cost and what you have to do?

Any advice would be great.

TIA

ShootingStarsss Fri 12-Apr-13 19:42:08

Anyone?

Izzy82 Fri 12-Apr-13 21:50:57

It costs around £40 a week. You can choose which 'step' you start on. It ranges from no food whatsoever (just 4 shakes/ soups/ porridges) a day) which is about 450 calories. The average loss on this stage is a stone a month- and it really works. You can choose a different step, one that involves some food but no carbohydrate and so will cost less but weight loss is slightly slower (but not much!)

ShootingStarsss Fri 12-Apr-13 22:05:00

Thanks izzy that's really helpful, so do you go to your local consultant to be weighed? How often is this? And can you only buy the shakes etc from them?

ShootingStarsss Fri 12-Apr-13 22:06:25

Is there side effects to the diet? Do you know what any are? Also do you feel really hungry?

Sorry for all the questions.

Izzy82 Fri 12-Apr-13 22:10:21

Yes, you go once a week to their house to get weighed (I think some of them may come to you). Unfortunately, you can only buy it from the consultant.
I have been doing it for 8 weeks and lost 2 stone. Its a little monotonous but quick and so I know on my mind its only temporary!

Izzy82 Fri 12-Apr-13 22:12:55

You feel hungry for about 3 days and then your body goes into something called ketosis and bizarrely you don't feel hunger.. This means your body burns fat (instead of food) for energy. The only slight side effect is bad breath but its nothing a good mouth wash won't cure!

ShootingStarsss Fri 12-Apr-13 22:23:02

Thank you so much smile
Wow you have done amazing 2 stone in 8 weeks that is great.
So I could actually loose the weight for my holiday in the summer.

I have taken the first step and just emailed a consultant, the price is scary but I am sure it will be worth it! Saying that if I won't be eating any other food I can remove some money from my own food in take for the week so it will only be costing a bit more ( will explain it to dp like that wink)

Can deal with bad breath, love a mouth wash & brushing my teeth grin

Izzy82 Fri 12-Apr-13 22:28:49

Good luck xxx

ShootingStarsss Fri 12-Apr-13 22:33:37

Thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now