Talk

Advanced search

I have 74 days to get fit - I'm a total potato, tell me how

(9 Posts)
MoogDroog Fri 12-Apr-13 13:17:17

Ok, 74 days till glasto - it's an endurance test and last time I found it hard work, so I would like to be fitter this time around.
I've not exercised in years. I'm overweight (size 16), asthmatic, very little money to throw at the problem, very self conscious. Have two small DCs so time is limited.

Any recommendations? I'm thinking perhaps a fitness DVD? Along with healthy eating...

carriedawayannie Fri 12-Apr-13 13:24:41

You need the 30 day shred dvd.

Its divided up into three sections.Each section is only 20 mins long.

Start on section one and when you feel ready you move onto level 2.

Its amazing how quickly you start to see results. Esp as its only 20 mins a day.

Search 30 day shred on google images and look at the changes in peoples bodies.

I did it when I was bigger than you so its ok if you are really unfit as well.

If you did it most days between now and glasto, moving up when you feel ready, then you'll be a whole new shape and fitness level in 74 days!

You will be walking like a crab after day three though as it does hurt to start with!

awaywego1 Fri 12-Apr-13 13:25:27

30 day shred (£5 on amazon)
or couch to five k -free grin
I'm logging with MFP -you can track food and exercise on there-I find it helpful to see where I'm going wrong.

MoogDroog Fri 12-Apr-13 13:29:33

Ok, have heard about the shred - a much fitter friend is doing it, so I assumed it might be too much for me. So you reckon I'd be ok with it?

Is it just the DVD? Do I need any other bits of equipment?

I have mfp on my phone - though I've not really used it yet blush

carriedawayannie Fri 12-Apr-13 13:36:45

I used cans of beans instead of handweights to start with.

You might need a mat if you have a hard floor with no carpet.

You'll be fine. Once you can do level one without stopping to catch breath move onto two. You'll be surprised how quickly your staminia improves - after 5 days you will notice a difference.

mixedmamameansbusiness Fri 12-Apr-13 13:49:54

Do you have to eat sensibly etc as well? Plus what happens after the 30 days. I have three stone to lose.

MoogDroog Fri 12-Apr-13 13:50:45

Right, I've taken a look on Google Images, been rightly gobsmacked and have ordered it!
Tins of beans will have to do for now and I'm sure I've got an old yoga mat somewhere.
Thanks for your help and encouragement. I've got a feeling I should get some deep heat from the chemist as well grin

BIWI Fri 12-Apr-13 13:53:13

C25K takes 9 weeks, and by week 9 you will be running for 30 minutes non-stop, which is around 5K, depending on how fast you run.

That will take you 63 days.

soontobeslendergirl Fri 12-Apr-13 13:56:28

I;ve been (sort of) doing the c25k and using myfitnesspal and lost over a stone and a half since mid Jan - I also had 3 stone to lose to get to "normal" was a size 18 and that was getting tight blush now finding some 16s roomy depending on the make.

liking the sound of the shred thing though - going to have a look at that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now