Talk

Advanced search

Ok... I am going in holiday in 6 weeks... Serious trouble!

(17 Posts)
Wotme Thu 11-Apr-13 17:31:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HeySoulSister Thu 11-Apr-13 17:35:26

low carb.....you could lose a stone or two

Wotme Thu 11-Apr-13 18:13:33

Wotme Thu 11-Apr-13 22:47:22

tigerdriverII Thu 11-Apr-13 22:53:54

OK.

You could lose a stone or a bit more in 6 weeks. You need to find a plan and stick to it. I am doing slimming world, it is working slowly for me but it does work. There are lots of other things, eg low carb, 5:2, they all work if you stick to the plan. Main thing is not to go off it, whatever you do.

Otherwise, you need to get some clothes that will make you feel good in holiday. How hot will it be? Just get some el cheapo new clothes for the hols and you'll feel good anyway. Main thing is to enjoy the hol, not worry about your weight, that's Long term, having a nice time is more important.

Wotme Fri 12-Apr-13 00:31:44

tigerdriverII Fri 12-Apr-13 00:42:47

OK.

Where are you going and what do you plan to do when you are there? Mostly, your memories won't be about what you looked liked but about what you did, what fun your family had etc.

Get some inexpensive clothes that work for where you're going. Have a lovely time. Please don't fret about your weight, it's the last thing your family will be thinking of.

HeySoulSister Fri 12-Apr-13 01:17:11

Just ditch rice/pasta/potatoes/sugar/processed food
Drink water.... Dehydration means no losing of fat...2 litre a day
No alcohol... Body takes 3 days to recover enough to burn fat
Lots of meat/fish/veg.... Go easy on fruit
Exercise.... Daily..... Shred and a walk/run

I promise you will lose weight and feel better

PirateShit Fri 12-Apr-13 15:20:59

I am in the same boat WotMe.
We are going away in 5 weeks and I told myself I would lose some weight before we went. 5 weeks to go and I've not lost a sodding pound. I can't make excuses really other than being a lazy arse and not shifting myself. I am probably about 3 stone overweight (gulp), although not weighed myself since last year, wuss! This is probably not what you want to hear, but I have pretty much resigned myself to not losing any now before we go. I'm going to buy some new summer stuff to take which hopefully will suit my shape, have a fake tan before I go, and ban any photos of me in swim wear. Then when I get back, after stuffing myself and drinking loads of wine on holiday, I am actually going to weigh and measure myself and start on a diet/exercise a bit. I'm reading pig2twig at the moment. I might look at starting that when I get back.

BUT you are probs not as lazy and resigned to it as me, so I reckon you could easy shift a stone before you go. It will make a big difference that, and you'll feel good. Go for it!

Wotme Fri 12-Apr-13 18:46:07

HeySoulSister Sat 13-Apr-13 09:59:44

just ditch the biscuits completely!!!

BambieO Sat 13-Apr-13 14:23:36

How about if you switch biscuits and sweets for a natural sugar hit day strawberries and natural yoghurt? Just to give you the sweet kick you crave until you can wean yourself off?

I did that for a few days and then found it easy to drop the sweets altogether

BambieO Sat 13-Apr-13 14:23:48

*say not day!

Earlybird Sat 13-Apr-13 14:28:52

Agree with method suggested by Heysoulsister.

I also keep a good supply of sugar free chewing gum around, which helps, I find.

shockers Sat 13-Apr-13 14:43:28

I've been trying for 4 weeks now. I have eggs (2) boiled or scrambled for breakfast, no toast... or banana and yoghurt.

Pasta, rice or cous cous with veg for lunch, or a big bowl of soup. I get too shaky without any carbs, but I have the wholemeal options of those.

Protein for dinner with loads of veg.

I go to a cardio class once a week, swim twice a week, brisk walk for at least 15 mins twice a day, bike ride for about 3 miles as often as I can.

I've cut out wine (this was my biggest wrench as I get very stressed, but cutting it out has actually helped my stress levels)

Drink loads of water.

I've dropped a dress size, which doesn't seem much, but my whole body feels nicer and my skin is clearer. I'm enjoying life more too, I've found it's got easier as the weeks have gone on.

I think a bit of a push now will boost your confidence... mix that with the advice of tiger and you'll have a wonderful holiday Wotme! Whereabouts are you off to?

Wotme Sun 14-Apr-13 22:05:15

shockers Mon 15-Apr-13 19:49:16

Ooooh lovely... I was looking for holidays in Greece (Islands) or Croatia, but I've ended up with Turkey because there was a really good deal on Voyage Prive.

I've just been shopping for lunch stuff for work and I bought.... falafel and salad stuff, great minds eh?

Got some raspberries to have with my yoghurt too (with a teeny drizzle of honey) smile.

Keep going, we'll both be gorgeous by the time we hit those beaches!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now