Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else's body seem to say it's not full unless you've consumed something meaty or fatty?

(9 Posts)
StuffezLaBouche Sun 07-Apr-13 15:22:33

I cannot face another Summer of covering my vile body and feeling upset when I see slim people looking lovely and cool in summer clothes. Sick of feeling enormous and vile.... Plus I'm starting to worry about some of the health implications of my weight.

Every diet or drastic action I try to take just does not work. I scupper it. At the moment I just want to stop the more appalling food habits I have.
Today, instead of a big, greasy joint of meat for Sunday lunch, (which i would inevitably cut bits off all afternoon, I did a stir-fry with a bit of left over chicken and some mussels. It was SO lovely and there was plenty. So, even though I've eaten well, why do I feel like want to stuff my face? How do I stop these feelings? Is it just a case of re-training my mind? I HAVE to do something.

teaandthorazine Sun 07-Apr-13 16:46:23

What are your appalling food habits? Eating fat (and meat) is actually a perfectly acceptable way of losing weight and getting healthy. I bet they're not the elements of your daily diet that are causing the problem!

Have you considered a low-carb or primal/paleo way of eating? Google The primal blueprint, or Escape the diet trap - both really good resources and MUCH easier than 'retraining your mind' not to feel hungry!

StuffezLaBouche Sun 07-Apr-13 17:01:14

Looking at the palaeolithic diet online now - it's fascinating! I'll write more when I've finished reading. Interesting how it excludes dairy products, grains and potatoes... Things that make up staples of my diet as well as the meats. Thanks for this information!

teaandthorazine Sun 07-Apr-13 17:23:23

No problem smile. You don't necessarily have to give up dairy completely btw - I haven't! But I do stick to cheese, yoghurt and cream only, really, and not too much. Will be interested to hear your verdict!

StuffezLaBouche Sun 07-Apr-13 17:25:30

Cheese is one of my appalling habits. Like, on a scary scale. Too embarrassed to say really.
Regarding the primal blueprint - I can't seem to find much actual info and would rather know a bit more before buying any books. Would you be able to link to me to an informative site? (If you have time!)

teaandthorazine Sun 07-Apr-13 17:38:48

Yep, Marks Daily Apple is the site from which the book came, iyswim!

BIWI Sun 07-Apr-13 17:43:36

If you were following a low carb way of eating (very similar to paleo/primal) you will be able to eat plenty of meat and fat - and even cheese grin - and you will not be hungry. Plus, you will lose weight.

Check out the Low Carb Bootcamp threads for more info. I'm doing another 10 week Bootcamp, starting on 29 April, if you're interested in joining.

EMUZ Sun 07-Apr-13 20:55:11

www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/10/04/the-beginners-guide-to-the-paleo-diet/

This is a pretty good read

StuffezLaBouche Mon 08-Apr-13 09:25:42

Thanks BIWI and EMUZ as well. I've seen there is a thread relating to paleo/primal and it's interesting reading. I have SO much weight to lose and I don't think my sanity cold cope with awful yo yoing - I need a consistent way of eating. Tanks for putting me on this track!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now