Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Weight loss and extended breast-feeding

(1 Post)
scriptbunny Fri 05-Apr-13 20:25:33

Hello,

My OH is doing the 5:2 diet and loving it. I've been trying and failing. I wonder if it is something to do with the fact that I'm still breast-feeding. My DS is almost 21 mo and a few weeks ago I felt that the feeding was largely recreational and that he wasn't getting many calories off me. More recently he's been under the weather and feeding much more. I find that when I try to restrict my own calories I get majorly tired and grumpy. Since he was born I've been far more attracted to carbs and sugar than I ever was before. It hasn't caused a huge weight problem but I do have about a stone to lose and I'd like to make a start. Am I on the wrong diet for a breast-feeder? Should I be attempting something gentler on the system?

By the way, I know that the guidance is to avoid weight loss diets while you are breastfeeding in the first six months, but I'm assuming that by this stage you can make a start. Do I have this right?

Thanks.

SBx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now