Talk

Advanced search

Have you ever thought - enough is enough!? When was your moment?

(11 Posts)
BlondeLuxLisbon Fri 05-Apr-13 15:44:17

I'm having mine now.

Moving to a new city in a new country in August. Started to sort out my clothes, things to take and things to give to charity etc -

Realised I have so many clothes that I've bought with the hope of one day looking good in them .... and they still all have the tags on sad

I'm 12 stone. The weight I would LOVE to be is 9 or 8.7.

It's going to take hard work, but I'm so bloody determined.

WillYouDoTheFandango Fri 05-Apr-13 15:52:08

Mine came last week. My (15 week old) baby's christening is in 4 weeks. I tried on a dress and couldn't even zip it up. I actually lost weight whilst pregnant and now can't fit into a 12s, which is the size I've always been. shakes fist at malteaster bunnies I'm 11st 1lb at 5' 3'', I only want to get to ~10st as I'm very muscular but it's hard when you're knackered with a 3 month old and sat on your arse on mat leave.

I'm MFPing and trying to walk more with the pram. Diets suck sad

BlondeLuxLisbon Fri 05-Apr-13 15:56:46

Diets suck

Too right.

I think I'm going to try the couch to 5K ... and swimming. (Just bought an exercise bike off amazon for £40ish)

And then the alternate day diet - so very strict with myself one day and then a little easier on the other days.

Think I will have to say goodbye to bread though sad

Good luck WillYou smile and congratulations on your new baby.

cluelessnchaos Fri 05-Apr-13 16:09:08

When I put on weight after 6 weeks of the 30 day shred, I had to stop kidding myself that I wasn't eating too much. I've lost nearly two stone since that little eureka moment

BlondeLuxLisbon Fri 05-Apr-13 16:13:21

How was the 30 day shred clue I've never attempted it. Did you lose much weight?

WillYouDoTheFandango Fri 05-Apr-13 17:16:25

Good luck to you too Blonde I've never heard of alternate day diet, off to google. I'm upping my exercise slowly but my pelvis still feels a bit weak. My problem is I want to be really good for 2 days and for all the weight to drop off grin turns out that's not how it works.

I had GD so was super-strict during pregnancy. I had the fattiest christmas ever to make up for it. It was awesome eating what I wanted while it lasted though!

BelleOnceUponATime Fri 05-Apr-13 17:54:06

WillYou

It's like the 5:2 except you do it every other day. One day 500 calories and the next day maybe 1500 calories and then day three back to 500 again.

It's suppose to trigger a skinny gene. smile

CHST Fri 05-Apr-13 18:05:27

thighs rubbing together, spare tyre, bingo wings. That was January 2012 and my lightbulb moment. Have lost 1 1/2 stones and from size 12/14 to size 8. Shred was my starting point too. As regards to diet, I think the best thing to start off is make changes here and there that you can SUSTAIN. Life time changes I mean. These fad diets are never sustainable in the long term.
Things like cutting out sugar in drinks, switching to wholemeal bread and pasta, cutting down on fizzy drinks.
Also look at your portion sizes. Eating till you are say 80% full instead of so full you feel like you could pop.
Try and also eat as clean as possible...staying away from processed food.
Try a few of these things a bit at a time and see this as a marathon rather than a sprint. Don't look for a quick fix, look to change things slowly and for good.

WillYouDoTheFandango Fri 05-Apr-13 18:16:18

Thanks Belle, I did watch the documentary about it but didn't realise that was what it was called. I don't think I could manage that, I have blood sugar issues and struggle with very restricted calories. Low GI really works for me.

cluelessnchaos Fri 05-Apr-13 23:59:00

30 day shred definitely drops inches, I found my appetite increased and I had to not eat all the extra calories I was burning. But yes it's what lost me weight

frenchfancy Sat 06-Apr-13 07:07:11

Mine was at the end of last summer. I was going to a party and my favourite top didn't fit. I watched the horizon programme that started 5:2 and a lightbulb went off in my head. I've since lost 2 stone. I am now a small 12 rather than a lumpy 16. I eat bread and chocolate and drink wine. I have every intention of keeping it up for the rest of my life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now