Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Come and talk to me about your weight loss plan

(13 Posts)
Kneedeepindaisies Thu 04-Apr-13 14:13:00

Just that really! I've been doing slimming world since the new year and have lost 12lbs. Which is fine, but I'm starting to feel restricted by it- the no bread if you've had cereal for example.

So does anyone have any recommendations instead? I was thinking about one of those good for 5 days, a bit naughty for 2 but do they really work? Or should I calorie count instead? And if so, how many a day should I eat?

I should add I have to take medication that makes me eat like a pig starving so SW maybe the best option because I can eat as much free food as I like.

Help!

Tigglette Thu 04-Apr-13 15:34:53

I've been low carbing since the middle of January and have so far lost 21lb. I've had a couple of planned breaks (family birthday tea type things) and I travel a lot for work which can make meal planning more difficult but so far so good. I'm loving not being restricted in the quantity tht I eat and avoiding pasta, rice, potatoes, sugar is proving fairly straightforward.

lola88 Thu 04-Apr-13 20:13:57

I started weight watchers a week and a half ago, i lost 3lbs the first week i love it. It's a points system so nothing is banned it's just about portion control today i have had cherrios and semi skimmed milk, a tuna sandwhich, bbq chicken and potatos and some chocolate that has took me to my 26 points daily allowance i've also had fruit which is 0 points.

You will get 26 daily points 49 weekly points and activity points which will only be used if you have used your daily and weekly. It's very easy to follow

awaywego1 Thu 04-Apr-13 20:20:48

Calorie counting with the aid of My fitness pal. I'm planning on trying to be relatively strict mon-fri so I have a bit more leeway at the weekend. I tend to allow around 200 cals a day for snacks and aim to stick to 1200-although I will go over this a lot but make sure I am under my tdee.

Kneedeepindaisies Thu 04-Apr-13 22:17:41

Thanks everyone

Tigglette Is there any particular low carb plan you are following or are you just avoiding known carbs? I seem to do better when I follow a set plan or book

Lola Are you doing WW in group or at home? Do you use any of their branded meals?

Away How much would I lose if I was eating 1200 calories a day do you think? I hoping to take up running with a friend at the weekend so that will help hopefully

Sorry for all the questions but I really want to get it right!

awaywego1 Thu 04-Apr-13 22:25:04

It probably depends how overweight you are and how easily you lose weight-but I'd guess between 1-2 pounds a week. Sadly Ill probably lose more like a pound a month hmm as I am only a bit overweight and find it v difficult to lose weight.

Exercise will help of course but make sure you eat those calories burnt-1200 is the bare minimum really-I'm only 5.2 and have a very sedentary life so it is okish for me but for taller folk with more active lifestyles its bit really enough I don't think.
Good luck with it all smile

Kneedeepindaisies Thu 04-Apr-13 22:32:23

I really need to lose 2 and a half stone blush

In the past I lost about a stone and a half in about 2 months but its slow going this time round which really demotivates me!

Good luck to you too smile

Ledkr Thu 04-Apr-13 22:34:44

I've suddenly lost weight after 2 yrs of trying to lose baby weight. I've been walking more and eating smaller portions and more fruit and veg to bulk out meals.
I feel like not following a diet after all this time has freed me from obsessing over food too.

Kneedeepindaisies Thu 04-Apr-13 23:29:48

I need your willpower Led

I know I can do it but I am struggling for some reason.

Stopping obsessing about food sounds great though. That is probably half the problem.

lola88 Sat 06-Apr-13 20:08:40

Hi sorry for the late reply i do the monthly pass which is online but you can also go to meeting if you like so only i know my weight.

I don't use the meals only the ice cream which is lovely. Today i've had cheerios, a tuna sandwhich, an orange, a WW ice cream and gammon steak with boiled potatos and have 3 points left. I find doing it online great you have a tracker so you put all your food in daily and it calculates it for you. I also use the tracker to plan my next day so i know exactly what i'm eating.

BsshBossh Sat 06-Apr-13 22:56:48

Why don't you input all the food you currently eat on My Fitness Pal (be ruthlessly honest, weigh your food, include even a bite of something) for a week and see exactly how many calories you are consuming per day/week. I did that early last year and it was completely sobering.

Then I inputted all my stats on this website and worked out my TDEE. TDEE is the total amount of calories I need to eat to maintain my current weight. Then I simply ate at average 15% of that. MFP put me on a low 1200 cals a day which was too low for me (I love food and would have felt too deprived on that and failed) but Scooby put me at 1800/1900 cals a day - much better! I lost 4 stones (no exercise).

Over the year I've learned about sensible portion sizes. Now I do 5:2 for health benefits but still eat average 2000 cals on non-fast days (no longer need to count calories as I've developed an instinct for correct portion sizes) and have lost another 15 lbs in 10 weeks of doing it. I'm also finally exercising.

Honestly, I eat anything and everything including ice cream most nights but my tastebuds have changed along with my appetite and I'm eating much more heatlhily generally.

BsshBossh Sat 06-Apr-13 22:57:55

*15% below that, I meant to say

Kneedeepindaisies Sun 07-Apr-13 10:22:03

I will check out the websites now thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now