Talk

Advanced search

I can't low carb but ...

(7 Posts)
Ilovesunflowers Mon 01-Apr-13 12:55:19

Would managing to low carb 2 days of the week help weight loss at all?
I started 5:2 2 weeks ago and weight loss already seems to have slowed down to the point of being pretty slow (about 0.5/1lb this week - not great when I have about 5 stone to lose).

I have quite extreme food issues so low carbing is not really possible all week (no cheese, nuts, most meats are out, no fish except tuna, barely any seeds, beans etc).

I was thinking on my fast days of low carbing. Would this help weight loss? I was thinking I could do:

breakfast - 100ml of ss milk - 50 cals.
lunch - 2 egg omelate - 180 cals.
tea - tuna (or chicken/turkey) and veg - approx 250 cals.

Are there any vegetables to avoid when low carbing? Tonight I was thinking tuna with brocolli, sprouts, leak and carrots.

Ilovesunflowers Mon 01-Apr-13 16:17:43

Upping this for some help. Over on chat they don't seem to understand the 5:2 diet and are saying I'm starving myself!

HeySoulSister Mon 01-Apr-13 16:40:58

That doesn't sound good really.

Ilovesunflowers Mon 01-Apr-13 17:26:26

What do you mean HeySoulSister?

contortionist Mon 01-Apr-13 18:00:27

Carrots are quite high in carbs.

iheartshoes Mon 01-Apr-13 18:00:31

Rather than cutting out carbs completely could you try cutting out sugar ? So you'd be able to have whole meal bread / pasta / rice combined with meats you can eat, good fats lots of water and some gentle exercise? But I'm no expert hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along soon to advise. I've previously lost weight successfully cutting out sugar and rubbish food, never tried 5:2 so can't comment on that

Ilovesunflowers Mon 01-Apr-13 18:16:14

Thanks contortionist. I didn't realise carrots were high carb. I will cut them out and replace with another veg.

iheartshoes - good advice. I already eat brown pasta, bread and rice. I do enjoy chocolate though but only eating it in moderation at the moment (about 3-4 bars a week which is a massive improvement for me!) I always ensure I am keeping within sensible daily calories if I have chocolate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now