Talk

Advanced search

11lb in 33 days?

(2 Posts)
rosalux Mon 01-Apr-13 09:44:16

I'm getting married on 4 May and really need to lose the last 11lb of baby weight I've been carrying for the past year or so (DS is now 19mths). I did manage to get down to 9st 4lb (I'm 5'6") but am now back up to 9st 11lb (thank you Easter chocolate and then some). Ideally I would be 9st for the wedding, but 9st 4lb or below would be just dandy.

DH has managed to drop over 2st since Jan by following a lowish carb diet and giving up his post dinner beer and crisp habit (though he has never dieted before and is a man so not a fair comparison). I have, however, somehow slipped back into my post dinner wine and chocolate habit, and after years of being the slimmer one in our relationship am in danger of relinquishing this status. I know I'm not really overweight, but I have quite a slim frame and all the extra weight seems to attach to my stomach, which is not a good look for me, especially in the dress I've bought for the wedding: www.onewedding.co.uk/bridesmaid-dress/phase-eight-bridesmaid/francesca-red-dress/

Also, I can't enlist the help of any friends IRL because the wedding is a secret wedding to which no-one is invited (deserving of a whole other thread I know). In fact we're only getting married in a month because we had already booked a holiday and when I discovered the cost of the hotel I thought we could justify it by turning it into a honeymoon. I should say we have been engaged for over 18mths so it's not quite as random as that sounds, though still pretty random I accept.

So there we have it. I need, really need, the help and support of others to stop me reaching for the vino and G&B family sized bars after my otherwise generally healthy eating and you lovely mumsnetters are the obvious choice.

Thank you

SeashellHoarder Mon 01-Apr-13 20:40:26

Hi rosa. Congratulations on getting married!
Firstly 9.11 is a pretty good weight!
If you are determined to lose weight the only thing I know capable of these results is 30day shred. But be prepared it is bloody tough!
Also you will probably need to eliminate chocolat and alcohol completely
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now