Talk

Advanced search

Slimming world success stories please ESP from veggies and those EBF

(8 Posts)
Wishfulmakeupping Sat 30-Mar-13 19:22:49

Right lovely ladies my dd is 8 weeks old I've lost the stone I gained in pregnancy but I was already 3 stone overweight when I got pregnant so thinking ifs tarting slimming world this week.
Is it better than w.w that did not work for me at all.
I'm also breastfeeding and a veggie (with a softspot for cheesy pastas, puddings and crisps!!)
Any advice/experiences? Thanks

Rockchick1984 Sat 30-Mar-13 20:56:22

Not a veggie, but basically the gist of slimming world is at least 1/3 of you plate superfree (basically most fruit and veg), the rest can be carbs and protein. You can have one serving of bread/cereal per day, and one of dairy per day. I think if you're breastfeeding it's 2 servings of each of these instead of one. All other things (treats, extra bread/dairy etc) have a syn value, so nothing is banned but you have to make choices about how to use your Syns. It worked really well for me, however I started after I'd finished breastfeeding.

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 30-Mar-13 21:24:51

Sounds good Think I might not starve on this one- ww I wasn't getting enough to eat

beanandspud Sat 30-Mar-13 22:12:22

SW works well for veggies as you can have plenty of rice, pasta, potatoes, fruit and veg. I have lost 17lb so far and although it's slow going it hasn't felt too much of a hardship. It's also good for family meals.

Typical meals for me are veggie paella, pasta with tomato sauce, creamy sauces made with Philadelphia, veggie tagine, chilli, curries, baked potatoes...

There is a SW thread on here and it's been a great support thread.

Wishfulmakeupping Sun 31-Mar-13 08:07:32

Thanks will have a look. Cant see how it works its mainly what I eat now (obv less chocs) must be the sauces etc I guess

Rockchick1984 Sun 31-Mar-13 16:29:46

That's exactly what I thought - it's just about making healthier choices and filling up on fruit and veg.

Wishfulmakeupping Mon 01-Apr-13 15:46:59

Thanks rock chick I'm going give it a good go- will report back on the sw thread fingers crossed this sounds like it could actually work for me! smile

SlimJimBra Tue 02-Apr-13 09:41:50

I did SW while still bfing - you do get extra portions of calcium (dairy) to help supply baby with top quality milk. My ds was 14 mo when I starte SW so I only got one extra 'portion' but if you are exclusively bfing then I think it's about 4 extra it's recommended that they are all calcium extras (more cheese for your pasta!) not the bread/cereal (fibre)
It worked well for me - I lost 3 st 2lb in 7 months and then went on to lose another 7lb a few months later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now