Talk

Advanced search

Anyone tried the set of Insanity dvds ??

(14 Posts)
TheOriginalNutcracker Mon 11-Mar-13 17:09:02

It's a set of exercise dvds and is meant to be fabulous, but at £105 i'd like some personal reccomendations.

Sleepwhenidie Wed 13-Mar-13 10:24:11

There have been threads about it before, have you tried a search? Are you pretty fit already? I think they are pretty intense (hence the name), definitely a step up from say, Shred.

sweetheart Wed 20-Mar-13 15:32:22

I have them - I'm starting it on Monday 8th April. i haven't let myself watch them because I know if I do I'll bottle it. I'll let you know how I get on with it. I got mine from Ebay.

Sleepwhenidie Wed 20-Mar-13 19:27:30

I'd be interested to hear your feedback sweetheart, it sounds pretty hardcore. Apparently the soldiers in Camp Bastion are very keen on it during their plentiful downtime! I am tempted to try it but the cash outlay puts me off, given that I wouldn't use it that often, would rather go kickboxing or gym if I have the choice...

sweetheart Thu 21-Mar-13 11:00:45

Sleep - the way I looked at it was that i could re-sell it on Ebay for as much as I paid for it. I'm doing it for the 63 days - not sure I'll want to do it again after that wink

Iwishiwasasleep Thu 21-Mar-13 11:09:11

I don't have it but take a look at excerpts on YouTube first. It looks insane alright grin

I'm doing Jillian Michaels 6 weeks to a 6 pack at the moment. (Shhh its on youtube in its entirety as is the shred)

caitrionaM Thu 21-Mar-13 20:53:41

I have a couple of the Jillian Michaels dvds, they r great especially if u don't want to spend big money on workout dvds that will prob end up at the back of a cupboard somewhere lol

JamInMyWellies Thu 21-Mar-13 20:58:48

I have it.

We dip in and out of it when we cant get to the gym. It is hard core!

But it is only around 30 mins a day.

We have never followed the diet plan as I like to eat sweets and crisps way too much. But even without the diet you can defo tell the difference if you stick with it.

sweetheart Fri 22-Mar-13 12:38:04

Jam - is it really only 30mins? I though it was an hour?!?!

twinkle183 Fri 22-Mar-13 12:50:45

Hi ya I have insanity and its awesome managed to get mine off eBay for £80 and it has been worth every penny! I absolutely love it and have completed it once... About to start it again... It's a 63 day programme, 5 intense cardio days, 1 recovery and 1 rest day, the cardio days during month one is 40 mins approx, the recovery day is 25 mins... You do this set for 4 weeks then there is a complete recovery week then it steps up a gear again in month two... With the workouts being harder and longer (60mins)! I would pay the money all over again, it has increased my fitness and shaved time off my 5k and yes it is a lot tougher than the shred, but with every workout DVD, you get out of it what you put in!! The thing I love about it is the fact your not doing the same workout everyday and the fact the people on screen struggle just as much as you do... I can't recommend if enough.... Hope this helps!! X

sweetheart Fri 22-Mar-13 14:21:25

twinkle - is it start to finish 40 mins in the 1st stage? I'd really like to do these in my lunch hour if possible but with travel / changing etc I'd have 40 mins MAX to actually work out.

twinkle183 Sat 23-Mar-13 08:38:58

In the first month it is 40mins from start to finish! You have a warm up and stretch for about 5 mins and 5 min cool down at the end but I deffo wouldn't cut them out cos of how intense the workout is..... Hope that helps!! Ask me any questions and I'll answer them honestly!!! X

sweetheart Mon 25-Mar-13 15:13:12

thanks twinkle that's great news - means I only have to do 6am wake up calls for the 2nd half of the programme grin

twinkle183 Mon 25-Mar-13 16:00:12

No problem let me know how you get on... Doing the 2nd day in about an hours and oh my it is going to hurt!!! X winkconfused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now