Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do you avoid eating the wrong foods in the evenings?

(3 Posts)
XBenedict Wed 09-Jan-13 21:21:17

I've just started on Slimming World and I've realisied I can be 100% to plan during the day but come the evening, once the DCs are in bed I get the naughty nibbles and that's when I go wrong. I need the strength to fight these urges and change my bad habits, any tips? What do you do?

Jakadaal Wed 09-Jan-13 22:26:09

What types of snacks are you after savoury or sweet? for savoury I have pickled eggs/pickled onions/cubed ham etc I also quite like mugshots which are free.

For sweet I go for meringue nests (about 2 syns) with squirty low fat cream or have just discovered the new Mullerlight Turkish Delight yoghurts - bound to hit any sweet spot!

I also make scan bran cakes as my HEb and these can last all day.

HTH and good luck.

FrostyWindMadeMoan Wed 09-Jan-13 22:26:46

I really struggled with this too. Somehow fruit or other low calorie snacks are not good enough,especially late evening. I have been very successful with milk though. A glass of milk seems to fill me up without the carbohydrate. I lost a lot of weight this way. I tried different kinds of milks eg. Unsweetened soya, sweetened soya,skimmed,semi skimmed etc.to give myself variety. The sweetened soya was like a treat and not too calorific in a small glass. I used to have a glass at about 8.30 and then didn't want anything else for the rest of the evening. I think protein snacks generally are a good idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now