Talk

Advanced search

Fat photos

(4 Posts)
BloominMarvellous Sat 10-Nov-12 16:35:54

I hear this advice all the time.

Put a fat photo on the fridge, look at a fat photo when you feel like eating.

Does it motivate you or make you want to eat more?!

Has anyone ever successfully lost weight using this method?

I am thinking about it but I am terrified of seeing a photo of myself. I've only just accepted I am very overweight so it will be the final hurdle to overcome by denial. I just don't want to if it will hinder my weight loss.

Vajazzler Sat 10-Nov-12 16:48:00

I have fat photos on my phone so i can remind myself of how far i have come. Its also useful to see a difference in how i look now as in my head i'm still the fat me when actually i'm the 9stone lighter me.

BloominMarvellous Sat 10-Nov-12 16:52:53

9 stone!! Wow well done!!

I have three/four to lose and I am so overwhelmed by how much and I'm suffering from binge eating I don't really know where to start!

How did you do it?

Vajazzler Sat 10-Nov-12 16:57:58

I am doing it with weightwatchers. I've still got 5ish stone to lose so its an ongoing project and its been 18months now so i'm in it for the longhaul.

It can be very overwhelming. I had no clue how much i weighed before i started and was in a massive state of denial. I'm actually surprised i found some fat photos as before if anyone took a picture of me i'd make them delete it but the kids must have taken them and i'd forgotten.
But then i went to my gp and he wanted to weigh me but when i got on the scales the needle went all the way round and then a bit more blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now