Talk

Advanced search

Help - low carb related

(6 Posts)
Osmiornica Wed 07-Nov-12 20:43:04

I'm hungry. I've already had dinner but still feel hungry. There's no leftovers to nibble on and I don't know what to eat. I'm trying to low carb (again) but the chocolate and cereal in the cupboard are calling out to me.

NWThreeMum Thu 08-Nov-12 01:55:37

I get this every single night when I'm going from normal diet to low-carb. Ideally, try to push through and once you've overcome the hunger a couple of nights running your body will stop driving you to consume at this time. Annoying as it sounds, have you tried herbal tea? I'm into TeaPigs liquorice and peppermint at the moment.. it's sweet and warming and you can almost tell yourself it's a treat.. I also keep pots of pickled herrings in the fridge for emergency moments. Some people hate them but they're sharp and rich enough to make you feel you've had something, and also sickly enough to make you not crave infinite quantities. AND amazing omega-3 content. Anyway, RESIST the siren call of the chocolate and think of how good you'll feel in the morning ...

Osmiornica Thu 08-Nov-12 10:49:40

Urgh, too late. I caved. I had 80% choc with chilli cherry though so not quite as bad as cadburys I'm guessing. I also had some tinned mackerel as well - not at the same time obviously as that would too weird even for me.

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Thu 08-Nov-12 11:06:16

For next time, try a slice of cheese? Nuts? Olives?

If you are LCing, you could join us on the little black dress LC threads, loads of support and chat and ideas over there!

WillieWaggledagger Thu 08-Nov-12 12:06:13

a couple of questions

- are you actually hungry or just used to snacking in the evening?

- if genuine hunger are you eating enough at supper and is it enough of the right things? are you having plenty of low carb veg and fats (adding butter, fatty cuts of meat etc)?

if you've only just started then of course your body will take a while to adjust and you do have to ride out the cravings, but do make sure you are eating enough too as this will help, and the fats help send 'full feeling' signals to the brain

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Thu 08-Nov-12 13:08:22

And drinking lots of water!! <channels biwi>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now