Talk

Advanced search

Best way to loose weight quickly around the tummy?

(14 Posts)
TomsBentPinky Fri 02-Nov-12 18:27:52

Am 12 st, 5ft 4.

I have quite slim legs and am a 14 up top but I can't wear trousers or jeans sad

I have a massive mummy tummy and overhand and I tried to buy a pair of jean shorts today and even the 16 wouldn't close, I'm not even sure the 18 would have closed.

I've lost 2 stone since DS4 was born but I only wear dresses and leggings as I just cannot get in jeans as the 16/18 that will shut are tight and overhanging and gross on my belly then baggy at my knees sad

Am so fed up,

I wanted some jeans and I just felt like a fat plonker in the dressing rooms.

TomsBentPinky Fri 02-Nov-12 18:28:18

sorry overhang, not overhand!

reastie Fri 02-Nov-12 18:29:59

Ah yes, the two pin plug shape - I have that too. Congrats on losing 2 stone though grin - I'll read any responses with interest although I imagine they will be based around cardio and pilates type stomach exercises and the plank [clueless]

GeordieCherry Fri 02-Nov-12 18:31:05

Try low carb
Totally works for me. I'm 11+4 pg and on the white carbs as it's all I can manage without puking. No bump, but can no longer do up my jeans as a result!

Try India Knight's "Pig to twig" but maybe just do phase 2 or 3 if you have tummy rather than weight to lose
Good luck smile

TomsBentPinky Fri 02-Nov-12 18:34:18

I def have weight to loose, I'd like to be about 10 stone and am 12 but Most of its on my tummy and sides

Judebear Fri 02-Nov-12 22:22:05

Def low carb, eggs for breakfast, just protein with veg for lunch and dinner, works for me! When I'm not on the wine that is. smile

Rockchick1984 Sun 04-Nov-12 10:19:30

Have you been to the dr to make sure you don't have separated stomach muscles? Just seems like a dramatic difference in size - I hold weight around my tummy quite badly but at 12 stone it seems unusual to need a size 18 on any part of your body.

For me, I've found using My Fitness Pal is working for calorie counting, and have been doing some yoga each morning - just some sun salutations so only 5-10 mins a day but they are really starting to show a difference smile

TalkinPeace2 Sun 04-Nov-12 12:56:09

Pilates
and 5:2

lose the weight and have tummy muscles of steel once its gone grin

Simone1402 Sun 04-Nov-12 13:04:14

Cut down on carbs especially bread, you could have an intollorance to yeast.
Some of my family suffer this and it means that they balloon out in the tummy area.

Try to have high protein food and lots of colour on your plate. I am having a shake party on the 4th of december if you fancy coming to talk about it more? There will be a few wellness coaches talking about BMI, Weightloss and keeping the pounds off once you have lost them.

https://www.facebook.com/events/298039823634310/

As for workouts you will be looking at some cardio and then weights that concentrate on your core muscles.

I have several work outs I have used since I had my two kids so if you want some ideas just PM me and I will send you over the workout plans.

Good luck

Sim x

TomsBentPinky Sun 04-Nov-12 13:05:07

I don't think its seperated muscles, just alot of settled fat.

I like the look of 5:2 (but 4:3 seems more appealing to me)

Can you reccomend any good pilates DVDs? I couldn't face proper classes!

TalkinPeace2 Sun 04-Nov-12 13:09:14

Tomsbent
please, please, please try classes. Most people there will look like you not the Middletons!
Comfy leggins and a T shirt that does not ride up. Stand right in front of the instructor and get as much feedback from them as you possibly can

once you have the basics from classes, THEN do DVDs

and start with 5:2 to get the hang of it - LOTS of info on the threads ....

TomsBentPinky Sun 04-Nov-12 13:10:38

I've tried a few different classes and hated them, I just felt like a plonker.

TomsBentPinky Sun 04-Nov-12 13:13:55

Would love the workout plans pls Simone, thankyou

Simone1402 Sun 04-Nov-12 14:26:54

No problem,

I will send you over the first three.
:-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now