Talk

Advanced search

Not quite 5:2 Diet, need some support

(5 Posts)
Louboo2245 Fri 02-Nov-12 18:23:03

My husband start a couple of months ago doing alternate day fasting (after watching 'that' documentary). He's done really well, Lost over a stone and a half. So a week and a half ago I joined him and have stuck to the 600 cal guideline on my fast days, but have only lost 3 pounds.
AIBU to think that my weight loss should be a bit more drastic (I'm over 18 stone so a lot to lose). Has been a difficult day today as it was a fast day and feeling a bit down hearted by it, and ready to pack it in.
Any helpful thoughts?

frenchfancy Fri 02-Nov-12 18:36:46

3lbs in a week and a half is really good. Imagine how much you would lose over say 3 months - more than 2 stone!!

Weight loss is not drasti on this diet, it is steady. But the diet is really easy to stick to, the first few fasts are the worst, after than you really get used to it. Come and join us on the big thread, there are loads of people doing various different versions of the 5:2 diet, and lots of support.

And don't compare your loss to your DHs, men lose weight much easier and quicker than we do - not fair I know.

frenchfancy Fri 02-Nov-12 18:37:29

Sorry my c key sticks a bit - should read not drastic.

Louboo2245 Fri 02-Nov-12 18:57:10

Thanks I will come and join you. >>heads off>>

TalkinPeace2 Fri 02-Nov-12 20:56:10

OP
come over to the big thread - all are welcome

and yes, husbands are bloody annoying for losing weight fast!

BUT
on 5:2 - 2 pounds a week is fab and that rate will decline over time BUT the health benefits of the fast will continue to accrue

unfortunately - as with many of those who are starting this from a high BMI, you need to calorie record (note I do not say count) on non fast days
as the BMI is often linked to an erroneous view of portion sizes
being honest with yourself (and you CAN eat what you like on food days) often brings the portions down to size

BUT
come to the big thread and we can all help each other ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now