Talk

Advanced search

Going from Dukan to SW...Is that OK?

(12 Posts)
Dizzydummy Sun 28-Oct-12 13:15:21

Hi, I have been on the Dukan diet for ages and have shifted a couple of stone. I find it easy enough to do but after a recent health scare I am worried about the lack of fruit in the Dukan diet. From tomorrow I think I will switch to Slimming World mainly because you can eat fruit, am I going to have any problems? Has any one else switched?

Dizzydummy Mon 29-Oct-12 09:54:12

Anyone?

SingingTunelessly Mon 29-Oct-12 17:58:11

Sorry Dizzy, I don't know enough about either of those plans. I've been following BIWI's lowcarb Bootcamp thread on here (although confess I am usually Bootcamp Lite) which is great but fruit is pretty much a no no. Why do you think you need fruit?

redandwhitesprinkles Mon 29-Oct-12 18:01:12

The problem with sw is that there is no limit on how much you can eat. Massive plate of pasta so long as no protein (you can do extra easy). I put weight on with sw as it is about managing your own portion control-when you are full. But if was eating small portions then I wouldn't be fat!

Dizzydummy Tue 30-Oct-12 00:18:20

SingingTunelessly I had an 'area of concern' after a mammogram recently and although thankfully it turned out to be nothing sinister, the doctor inidicated that the high protein, no fruit regime has been linked to breast cancer. I have always eaten alot of fruit up to going on the Dukan and I am worried that the change in diet has affected me adversely.

Sprinkles I think I need to study the SW diet, I saw an outline of the diet in a magazine and it indicated that you could eat protein and carbs together. I must admit that I find it hard to believe that I could eat rice, potatoes and pasta and still lose weight!

Vagazzled Tue 30-Oct-12 00:20:20

If you are doing the Extra Easy plan, you can eat protein and carbs together.

FlatCapAndAWhippet Tue 30-Oct-12 06:02:28

I'm on SW. Two things I try to remember:

You have to view your portion size sensibly.

I certainly could not eat as freely as they say....as many pieces of fruit as you want, as many Muller Light yoghurts as you want etc etc.

I have lost around 2 lbs a week. I joined three weeks ago and have lost 7 lbs.

I'm doing the extra easy plan, so far, so good....and I dont even feel like I'm on a diet...honest grin

Dizzydummy Tue 30-Oct-12 11:30:13

Think I might look at SW on-line as the extra easy sounds pretty good. I've still got a stone to lose so might change to SW for the final furlong, so to speak!

7lbs in 3 weeks is brilliant, how much more do you have to lose FlatCap?

Vagazzled Tue 30-Oct-12 20:17:33

I agree with FlatCap. Today was my 5th week at SW and I got my 1st off award. I have another 1st to loose but know that weight loss with probably slow drastically now I'm reaching a sensible weight.
Portion size is key, yes you CAN (apparently) eat as much as you want BUT you will have better losses and a more sensible perspective to stay at a healthy weight. If doing EE, the 1/3 super free is helpful as it fills you up and is good for you grin

WentworthMillerMad Tue 30-Oct-12 21:31:05

Hi dizzy I lost 2 stones on Dukan and I now follow my own version and can loose 1lb a week if I stick to it.
Basically protein and veg days every day.
Plenty of any berries - frozen good as cheaper if no fresh in. Apples and plumbs.
Still v low carb and more realistic.
I eat quorn, lean meats, Parma ham, pâté, cheese - avoid all sugar, bread etc etc.works for me!

FlatCapAndAWhippet Wed 31-Oct-12 20:19:22

I've got another three stone to lose Dizzy, I,ve not dieted since I got prenant, DD is now 5! grin

So yes 7lbs in three weeks is great but it's coming off quickly as I've got a lot to lose. Oh well, onwards and upwards.

Dizzydummy Thu 01-Nov-12 00:52:46

I think I will probably go with a similar diet as Wentworth as I genuinely don't think I will lose weight if I indulge in potatoes, rice and pasta.

Well done all of you!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now